• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Responsive project screen sizes.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to set a screen size for responsive project in adobe caprivate. specially in smaller screen size [portrait and landscape].

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give some more information about which version you are using?

I suspect it is not the most recent version which is version 12.

If it is an older version, which workflow do you use to create the responsive project: Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint views?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 Release

Version: 11.8.0.586

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an older version of CP2019, please update to 11.8.2.

Can you answer all my questions please? In a responsive project you only have to set the maximum resolution (mostly called desktop), whether you use Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint views. When switching to lower screen resolutions everything will be rescaled and/or rearranged depending on your setup of the Breakpoint views or the Fluid Boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

issue responsive.png

See my screen these all title screen are same but in mobile screen landscape the size of all text in fluid boxes are different. Title font are same in size but it differs when it goes to mobile acreen resolution. same with CC of the screen below. Can we adjust or lock the fluid box text size etc? I am using fluid boxes. whats the use of breakpoints???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Breakpoint Views workflow is an older version to create responsive projects. It is a lot more work, but you have more control as a developer. You cannot lock font size in fluid boxes, the font size will automatically adapt to the available space. You can only change the minimum font size (which is pretty big, set to 14pt). When that size is reached and text cannot be displayed fully, the specific icon to expand will appear.

Several years ago I created this comparison:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-or-breakpoint-views

The new version 12 doesn't have the fluid font size adaption, you can only have a font size for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile (phone). Bit like Breakpoint views, but there you had 5 possible situations, not 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this for font min font size is 14. but you can see in my attached screenshots. In one slide the title is small and other has biggerfont in size. I dont know how to make title font size same for all slides. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show me the captivate details of version 12. Is it adobe captivate 2019 version 12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a subscription license for Captivate CP2019 (all versions 11) you can also the new version 12 (sometimes indicated as Charm, as All New Captivate, as CP2023). 

Beware: this version is very limited and gives you much less control than all previous versions, except for the font size you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, that is a problem. Did you set up object styles in a consistent way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. All slides have same title size in desktop view same fluid box alignment but when it goes to landscape and mobile or tablet screens. Titles does not remain same in size 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even there is no consistency with Closed Caption font of slides in bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Object styles? You cannot fix the font size, because that would be contrary to the idea of a responsive project. Imagine a Title font size on desktop of 48pts. If the title kept that same size on a phone where the browser width is around 300pts in Portrait mode, that title would show only some characters in 48pts.

On the one slide, when using same object style for multiple text containers, the option 'Enable uniform text scaling' is activated by default. When font size is changed due to shrinking of the browser resolution on smaller devices, the change will be the same for all text containers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I change the slide size in the new version? Or is it predetermined?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the new version you have even less control. In Classic Captivate you can change the resolution of the desktop view which is the starting view. In the new Captivate you just have to trust the application.

For font size there is a difference: Fluid Boxes will take care of a fluid rescaling of font sizes until the minimum font size is reached. In the new Captivate you have to choose 3 font sizes which are static: one of the Desktop, one for the Tablet and one for the Mobile. They can be changed in the text style of the Theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources