• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate text disappears in MS Edge browser

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2019 11.5.5.553 and have created a responsive SCORM 1.2 project for Moodle

I have a number of 'knowledge check' slides that display perfectly fine in Chrome, but the question itself disappears first time the slide is accessed in Edge. For each slide I have to click backwards and forwards again to get the text to appear.

I would love a resolution to this please TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you publish your project to be scaling?

I have experienced situations where if I set the project as scaling, there are certain sizes where text will disappear as if it is unable to render the text due to some strange height and width values or something.

I can usually drag the corners of my browser window and see it appear and disapper as I shrink or grow.

If that is the case - my solution is to leave the project at its fixed size when it was created - or uncheck the scaling box on publish.

It could be that a slight difference in usable window real estate due to bookmark bars, address bars, etc from browser to browser is just enough to cause one of those odd sizes.

Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a responsive project or a non-responsive project?

Which font do you use? Is it a websafe or an Adobe font?

Did you delete any of the embedded objects on the KC slides or on the quizzing master slides which are used for those KC slides? That can result in weird problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for responding @Lilybiri 
This is a responsive project
The font is websafe - Trebuchet

I don't believe that I've deleted any embedded objects, though I have to say that the KC slide was being weird in Captivate in that as soon as it went from the master slide to the actual slide, the question text component unlocks itself from the fluid box and was impossible to get locked back in.

I've popped an example of one of the slides below and how the question doesn't show up when first 'arriving' on the slide and then after going back and forward again, it magically re-appears. Again, not an issue on Chrome, just Edge it seems.

Would love your thoughts!

xxkj_0-1625047633923.jpegxxkj_1-1625047645040.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to reply to @Stagprime directly below their post, so putting it in here.

I am using scalable text, but I don't believe that's the issue as the screen size doesn't change when flicking backwards and forwards between slides, but that's when the text is disappearing. Good thought though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

StagPrime's question is irrelevant, since you just confirmed that you are talking about a responsive project with fluid boxes.

Something is wrong with the quizzing master slides, they have been messed up because there have been embedded objects which are deleted. You need to get an original Fluid Boxes quizzing master slide. I don't know which Theme you are using, probably a custom theme because I don't recognize the look. 

When fluid boxes were released with CP2017 I did explore the fluid boxes setup of the Quizzing Master slides. Maybe this could help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-fluid-quiz-slides

http://blog.lilybiri.com/quiz-slides-with-fluid-boxes

Both quiz slides and KC slides are based on the same master slides (and share some other settings as well). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources