Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate - Using Variables in Accessibility Title

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to use a variable inside of the "Accessibility Title". This variable is updated every few slides to a new name, which is why I chose to store the text in a variable rather than hard-coding it. How can I apply this variable to the Accessibility Title? See image below for example. Any and all feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

Untitled.png

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

I have figured out that I can manually change the aria-label attribute using "Execute Javascript" in Advanced Actions. Still, it would be nice to not have to do this.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured out that I can manually change the aria-label attribute using "Execute Javascript" in Advanced Actions. Still, it would be nice to not have to do this.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

How exactly are you changing the ARIA label in execute advanced actions?

What is the code thats being executed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know the answer to this as well!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

It could be great help if you tell us how to eanble the accessiblity for system and user variables (Dynamic data).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivate folks!

Say, I noticed there has not been much said about automatically getting Captivate variables to be read nicely by  readers...so I did some exploring (and creative codeing) during the ole pandemic....and wanted to share a very simple test project with you all......

Use the link below to test your accessibility readers to see if they will read you back actual variable values instead of the usual reading of...$$varname$$...etc.

NOTE: this is a very very basic demo to see how my basic idea works......if it seems to be working and you are intrested....I'd be happy to share my algorithm I came up with........I did not put tons of time in making the demo look nice and etc. and I'm crazy busy......its just to the point for example and testing purposes. 

ALL Items in highlighted in YELLOW are all objects that contain one or more Captivate variables.....

Very basic demo URL: https://bit.ly/3jCl0fw

Again, this is just a test to see how well my search and replace algorithm works.  My tests have all seem to be working smoothly.    This for sure will be geared toward advanced Captivate users who have a basic understanding of JavaScript and Captivate's internal data structures.

The algorithnm idea I came up with also tracks all variables used so that it can update them with new data when moving back and forth between slides!

Just seeking feedback on if it works or not....if the idea seems to be working correctly....I'll share how it was done so that others better than I can make it even better....

Thanks in advace for your time and feedback - the demo is extremely simple and to the point!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this looks great! I'm trying to solve the same issue in my own course and would love to see if I could use the solution you found if you don't mind sharing it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Would love to see how you did this! This issue is HUGE for me and accessibility! Please share your method. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is tremendous. Like everyone else, I'd be thrilled to learn how you pulled this off. It would be great to fix this glaring issue with Captivate variables and screen readers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources