Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate won't jump to correct slide

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my project I have two videos. On exit, I have selected the slide I want the project to jump to. However it continues to jump to the next slide. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that you have another setting that is conflicting with what you want to happen.

Can you give us more information about the positioning of these slides relative to each other and to any quiz components in the project?

Is the target slide you want this slide to jump to perhaps earlier in the slide order and you have backward movement disabled in the quiz.  Sometimes that will cause a conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Backward movement is checked in the quiz settings. The video is slide #6 and I need to jump back to slide #2 when video ends. If I set it up to jump to next slide it works. However, it won't jump back to slide #2. Although I have to admit it did work correctly twice and then failed. A couple of times it did jump back to slide #2 but when it did my hotspots were missing and after a few seconds it would jump to slide #4

I have not built a quiz into the slides yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could have become corrupted.

Try creating a new project at the same dimensions and then copy/paste batches of slides from the first project into this new one.  See if the issue is then resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just created a new project with the same slides and have the same issues. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really use the On Exit event? It will happen just after the last frame of the slide, are you sure that last frame is visited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so. The video is only 6.1 seconds long and it shows that in the time line.  It is going back to slide #2 now however my hotspots are no longer there. Then after about 3 seconds it moves to another slide. It seems like there is some sort of auto navigation going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hotspots? You talk about interactive video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the video is just a brief video covering what was talked about in the previous slides. I was trying to get back to slide #2 from the end of the video. Slide #2 is a 360 picture with hotspots on different pieces of equipment.

I took your advice from a previous forum where you mention putting a return/continue button at the end of the video. It works with the button I just don't like having the button on the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod could be right that the project is corrupted.

However I rarely trust the On Exit event. Try to use the On Enter event of the following slide for the Jump action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was because it seemed to act different on every preview. I sent to someone here at work and while I sat with him when he went through the project it work just fine. So somehow it did become corrupt.

Thanks for all your help. I've only had one class from someone that had just completed a project about a week prior so I've got lots to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So weird that developers think they'll save money when not taking any good training. Remember some exclamations by trainees after only one session (1.5hrs) about how much time they now saved daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, training sessions are not always easy to book into or arrange.  And for someone just starting out in e-learning with Captivate the costs may be more than they can afford.  Not all managers are willing to fund training either.

So, for most new developers the Internet and its freely available video tutorials and blogs are probably the easiest way to get started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If at least there was curation of Internet content.  There are very good videos, but a lot of crap as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and it was annoying.  During slide preview everything work, but during Publish preview it didn't.  Any slide that had revert to a backwards or earlier slide would not jump to designated slide.

My Fix: it worked

For the slide that you want to use to Jump back to a previous slide, adjust the slide timeline a sec (or a fraction of a sec longer) than the actual video.  For some reason it gets clipped when timing is set to same length.

Hope it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem with slides not jumping to previous slides, only forward ones. I saw in another thread about this topic that this will happen if you are trying to preview from the slide you're jumping from, (preview from this slide).  If you haven't viewed that previous slide yet then it won't jump to it for some reason. When I went back and previewed the project from the previous slide I was trying to jump to it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For any others to find this post.... I had a similar issue with Cp 2019 but my example does not use videos... only slide audio. I had 6 pages that link from a landing page and, on exit, each of the 6 pages are supposed to jump back to the landing page. But the "jump to slide" was being ignored for 2 of the slides. What fixed this was adding .5 seconds to the timeline of the 'broken' slides. Thanks Rod, as always, for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources