• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE CAPTIVATING FAILING FOR E-LEARNING

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a young instructor a local college and I am really trying to provide my students with the best possible experience. I went out and purchased CAPTIVATE out of pocket and was really looking forward to using this powerful program.

Firstly, my VIDEO DEMO (Recording my lectures with a webcam) is out of synch. I was expecting there might be SOME video lag where I could cut and split the audio and video to synch it up but the video GROWS out of synch so it's impossible for me to match my webcam audio and video and then to my lecture.

Secondly, the ASSET page is blank and I have ZERO access to any elearning assets. 

I have worked so hard to try and work around these problems but I am so dissapointed with how many problems I am having. Why can't I use this powerful program so seemlessly like the users on  YOUTUBE? I have a gaming laptop and although not the GREATEST it should be powerful enough for this program. I have installed and re-installed. 

Can someone ADOBE please please please please help me get up and running for the sake of these students?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

I've experienced the video demo issue you're describing. In fact, it's one of the reasons I use Camtasia for similar work. One possible solution would be to ensure you are using the microphone built into your webcam. Separate devices seem to cause this problem.

The Assets window problem is a common one. There have been several solutions to this in the past and they work for some but not for others. My suggestion is to reach out to Adobe for technical support. This is predominantly a user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More on my problems:

Video Demo Sync: It seems that the main problem I am having is with my WEBCAM. The webcam is LATE. This seems like it's definitely fixable. I calibrated my microphone before the recording so it lines up perfectly with my screen recording but the webcam video is WAY OFF. The only solution I can think of at this point is to record myself seperately and patch that video in later which would be a pain and shouldn't be requied. 

Asset Page: I've re-installed elearning assets, tried the ASSET.JS download, tried re-setting my preferences, deleted everything adobe short of formatting my laptop and re-installed everything, disabled firewalls, internet connection is a HOME connection. Nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE: Webcam is not JUST LATE. It is late but continues to "grow" late throughout the entirety of the recording. (I can't just clip a part of the video or trim the audio to line it up because it will be out of sync in literally 3 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've experienced the video demo issue you're describing. In fact, it's one of the reasons I use Camtasia for similar work. One possible solution would be to ensure you are using the microphone built into your webcam. Separate devices seem to cause this problem.

The Assets window problem is a common one. There have been several solutions to this in the past and they work for some but not for others. My suggestion is to reach out to Adobe for technical support. This is predominantly a user forum. Unless you have the exact same problem as another, you will likely just end up frustrated. You can reach Adobe's eLearning support team by emailing captivatehelp@adobe.com.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources