• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe could not open "XYZ.cptx". Check if you have the required permissions...

Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in a corporate setting where we usually store our files on an internal network. When I copy the files to the shared network I cannot open my own files an I recieve this message:

"Adobe could not open "XYZ.cptx". Check if you have the required permissions to open the file or if the file is already open"

The file is not already open and this is my own file. After further investigation, every time I copy the file to another location on my C drive I also recieve this message.

Any solutions to this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close down all Captivate project files.  Then try these fixes in this order:

1. Clear your Project Cache (button in the Preferences screen).
  2. Reset your Preferences folder (http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-troubleshooting/basic-troubleshooting-techniques)
  3. Stop moving your files around on shared network drives.  Leave all of your project files on your own hard drive and just upload backup copies to the server.  Do these backups AFTER you close down the project file in Captivate and never use Save As in Captivate to create a copy on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've had this issue, normally this is to do with Captivate not signing off on access when you have finished.  Simple fix, make a copy of the file and open that, your problem should be resolved.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I've deleted all my cache files, tried opening the file with Captivate 8 32 bit and 8 64 bit but nothing.

The client is capturing sequences and then sending us the cptx file but i've had the same problem as the people above. It gets to about 50% and then you see nothing.

If they are saving the file on the network drive should they then 'sign out' of Captivate 8 after saving ? Or simply save directly on the desktop to avoid these issues

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should save directly to the desktop, Captivate doesn't like working with files on a network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrrgh !

The client saved directly to their desktop, then uploaded the file for me to download.

Same issues, i try to load it, takes a long time, seems to freeze at 50%, when it finishes nothing shows in Captivate (its like its there but its not) as you see a blank canvas. Then if you try to open it up again or drag it on to load it says the error about 'could not open....' because i think Captivate thinks its actually opened the code okay

I close down Captivate 8, try again and have the same problem. I must admit i'm totally stuck as to what the issue is, i've never had this problem before. Past projects the clients sent us Captivate captures and there hasnt been a problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they close the file? Maybe it is still locked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate7UserUK

your answer fixed my issue.  I duplicated the file and then was able to open it with no problems.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources