• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts (Tamil, Devanagari and Gurmukhi) displaying Punjabi vowels incorrectly in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Fonts (Tamil, Devanagari and Gurmukhi) in my Theme but Punjabi vowels are displaying incorrectly in Captivate 2019 -after coping from a translated file (MS Word 365).

I appreciate any solutions.  

Original text and translation in Word:

Course Description:

This course introduces some common workplace health and safety concepts and is designed to be used as part of your workplace orientation program.

Course Length:

Approximately 2 hour(s) including the quiz.

You are required to attend this course for a minimum of 1 hour to receive your Certificate of Completion.

Pre-requisites:

Although not essential, previous health and safety education and/or experience is an asset.

ਕੋਰਸ ਦਾ ਵੇਰਵਾ:

ਇਹ ਕੋਰਸ ਕੰਮ ਦੀ ਥਾਂ `ਤੇ ਕੁਝ ਆਮ ਸਿਹਤ ਅਤੇ ਸੇਫਟੀ ਦੇ ਸੰਕਲਪਾਂ ਬਾਰੇ ਦੱਸਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਵਰਕਪਲੇਸ ਓਰੀਐਨਟੇਸ਼ਨ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਰਲ ਕੇ ਵਰਤਣ ਲਈ ਤਿਆਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ।

ਕੋਰਸ ਦੀ ਲੰਬਾਈ:

ਤਕਰੀਬਨ 2 ਘੰਟੇ, ਟੈੱਸਟ ਸਮੇਤ।

ਆਪਣਾ ਸਰਟੀਫਿਕੇਟ ਔਫ ਕੰਪਲੀਸ਼ਨ ਲੈਣ ਲਈ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਘੱਟੋ ਘੱਟ 1 ਘੰਟਾ ਇਸ ਕੋਰਸ ਵਿਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਲ ਹੋਣਾ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ।

ਲੋੜਾਂ:

ਭਾਵੇਂ ਕਿ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਨਹੀਂ, ਸਿਹਤ ਅਤੇ ਸੇਫਟੀ ਦੀ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਸਿੱਖਿਆ ਅਤੇ/ਜਾਂ ਤਜਰਬਾ ਫਾਇਦੇਮੰਦ ਹੈ।  

deva.pngGurmu.pngTamil.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you ever find a solution for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Adobe Captivate does not support Punjabi. This is a known issue for over 6 years but they have no desire to fix it. I submitted a ticket over 6 months ago and have not heard from them. I moved on.

I just do something I learned from designers who speak Punjabi: screenshot the Punjabi text in Word and import it as an image. Repeat for each text block in a course. I completed one course that way. It is time-consuming and boring but what can we do?

BTW, Articulate Storyline 360 does not support Punjabi either. 

If you know a better way, would you share it with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We would be happy to complete all the text as images, but we have several pools of questions, and the program freezes up when we try to use images for the quizzes. Also, we have some dynamic text and text field inputs that we can't address with images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources