• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe presenter 8 : problem with video playback

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I import a video ( flv, mp4.. - it doesn't matter ) I can see the video when I preview my slide but I can't see the video when I publish the presentation. Help !!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This issue can arise if flash security settings are not set.

Can you please goto following link and provide the root folder / directory as the trusted location. (e.g.: Click 'Add Location' and type 'C:\' and confirm)

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Once done, play the content again and check if video plays.

Regards,

mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The global security panel for flash on the macromedia website does not let me select a folder but only individual files. I selected all the files in the folder where I published my presentation and it did not help. Why would I be able to preview the course correctly and it would be missing the videos when I go and publish it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When we preview, the published output is in a temp location and is a trusted folder for flash player. Hence you are able to view it.

in order to view the published presentation, since the user can publish the presentation anywhere the user himself has to set the global security settings.

in the flash global security settings panel please type C:\ and click on confirm

Please see if this works

Thanks

Mahesh Nayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem as well.  I import an .mpg movie clip to my ppt presentation using Presenter 8 import video function.  When I preview the slide, I can hear audio, but I cannot see video.  When I try to re-import the video to the slide, the program tells me there's already video on it, and do I want to replace it?  What is more, there are other videos (same file type) that when I want to import them to the slide, it appears to import, but then there's nothing visible on the slide after the process.  I click on "audio edit" and the audio track comes up, but nothing visible on the screen.  Any ideas??

Many Thanks!

Vedo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I posted this in another thread, but it seems to be relevant here as well:

Try converting your video to FLV before inserting it into the presentation. The inline converter in Presenter is... well... simple. I've never had much faith in it and prefer to use the Adobe Media Encoder, http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=160&platfor m=Windows, or something like the AVS Video Converter, http://www.avs4you.com .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but my videos are not published when using Presenter 8

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get Presenter 8 to work? I am having the seem problem- It previews correctly but when published all is hear is the audio

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Can you please convert the video to MP4 format and then try to import it into presenter?

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mahesh

When I use the Record Video feature in Presenter I can see the video and my slides in PP when I preview it but when I Publish the slide deck with the video I get a Blank screen and I can only hear the audio

Thanks

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Can you please mail me the package so that I can have a look at the video?

Also can you please try converting the video to MP4 format and then try to run it?

Also I wanted to know this.

Did you record the video using the Presenter video creator tool and exported that to presenter or is it any other video?

Would help us solve the issue if you could mail me the video my email id is mkalyanp@adobe.com

Thanks

Mahesh nayak Kalyanpur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help - it turned out I needed to update my video card drivers and now al is working fine

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm on Presenter 11.1 on a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. At the beginning of the month, I was not having any issues with video playback or with importing (12/2/20). However, today I am now seeing this exact behavior; when I try to preview or publish the presenter file, it gives me a blank slide that lasts for 5 seconds with no audio. I have not changed anything since the last time I opened the files.

• I've tried both MP4 and AVI files.
  • I have also verified that my global flash settings are correct.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Captivate forum and a very old thread.

There is no Presenter forum anymore. I was told you should post in the Connect forum, some Presenter users available there to answer your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I wasn't sure where to go since there wasn't a Presenter thread so I took a shot in the dark and posted here. I will try the Connect forum. Thank you, once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I would have moved it as moderator, but it would be better to start a new thread in the Connect forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources