Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Advance Actions not displaying

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing a project with a lot of advanced actions and suddenly my code is not being displayed in the Advanced Actions window. Not all my advanced actions do this. It particularly focused on 1. Advanced Action on Slide Enter. 2. A button that I've assigned another Advanced Action. I've cleared my cache, I've restarted the computer. I've opened the file on different computers.  I can't seem to find the solution anywhere. Does anyone know if it is a bug? Or that I have too many Advanced Actions? Thanks in advance, Error.gif

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Branching

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The most common cause of your issues is that same name has been used for two or more items. Each name needs to be unique. You cannot use the same name for a variable and an action. The only exceptions are the names for states, because a state is identified by the combination of its name and the name of the multistate object.

During consultancy jobs I also have seen projects choking when too many advanced actions and variables were used. But I am now talking about hundreds of advanced actions/variables. You didn't mention the amount you have. A solid recommendation is to replace advanced actions by instances of shared actions whenever possible.

Last possibility: the project is corrupt. In that case resetting the Preferences nor clearing the cache will help. You would have to search for the corrupted slides/items.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines