Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Actions - Hiding Images

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have a slide with four buttons. When I click on a button, I would like the corresponding image to be visible, but the other three images to not be visible. For example, I click on button one, and image one appears and the rest are hidden. When I click on button 2, I would like image one to disappear and only image two to appear. How do I go about making this happen?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way is putting those images in a multistate object. Use a shape as Normal state to start with, which you make invisible by setting Opacity of the Fill to 0 and Stroke to 0. Add the images to 4 custom states.

Each button can trigger the action 'Change state....', and uncheck the option 'Continue Playing the Project' to avoid the play head to be released. 

This is really the easiest way without Show/Hide. When you come back to the slide, all images will again be hidden since the Normal state will be restored if you leave the option 'Retain state....' unchecked as is the default.

I have posted a blog with this workflow on the community but it takes eons to be moderated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

This was something so simple and I just couldn't get past my mindblock. I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I definitely like the KISS approach, why make it difficult when it can be done in an easy way?

BTW it looks like there is no moderation anymore at the community, have already 3 blogs waiting for approval. Busy transferring them to my personal blog.

Is it possible to mark the correct answer? It will appear then at the top, and could help other users with the same problem. I will add the link, once I have done the transfer to my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources