Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced actions not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning all, 

I have a simple if-then-else action, to toggle answers on a custom question slide basically:

IF

v_1 is equal to 0

ACTION

Change state of item 1 to selected

Assign v_1 with 1

ELSE

Change state of item 1 to normal

Assign v_1 with 0

The problem I am having is a bit weird. When I try to save the action I get the appropriate message and click ok. As soon as I click ok my Assign variable turns to an incomplete action I just get a blank box and need to re-select the variable.  

I am using the most up to date version of Captivate and I should point out that I have taken and merged two programs recently created to modify into one version, and have used this same action with different items/ variables sucessfully in the previous version. Also each variable has it's own individual label. However the item is named the same as the variable, as shown below. 

advanced action.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Cause is using the same name for the variable as for the action. 

There are only a few situations where you can reuse a name, will not expand on that. But this is not such a use case.

Edit one of the names, just replace a lower character by a capital.

BTW you can use the Toggle command as well in this case, bit less clicking, and possible to duplicate to the ELSE part.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cause is using the same name for the variable as for the action. 

There are only a few situations where you can reuse a name, will not expand on that. But this is not such a use case.

Edit one of the names, just replace a lower character by a capital.

BTW you can use the Toggle command as well in this case, bit less clicking, and possible to duplicate to the ELSE part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue corrected thank you Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

For the sake of other users (many ignore that problem with duplicate use of names) can you mark the correct answer? That will also make the thread considered to be answered.

BTW now with my moderator hat: you are using an e-mail address as nickname... bit dangerous (spam) on a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources