• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Actions/Rest of the Project

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a a custom toggle bar and I have added a next button to the first slide and in the timing I picked "rest of project". I want the user to click all available buttons on slide 2 of my filmstrip. I created advanced actions for that but I can't apply it to the button on slide two because it doesn't let me select. I can only select it on slide 1. Do I need to create a new button for each slide in order to apply an advance action to it? Or is there a way to apply this advance action only on the slides I choose? Because I want to do this for several slides, not all of them but several and I don't know how I can do that if I can only access those buttons on the first slide. I can see them throughout the course but I can't edit them unless I am in slide 1. Does anyone know how to do this? If it's even possible?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not totally clear to me. Can you post a screenshot of the preview of that 'advanced action', please?

A button timed for the rest of the project can only be configured on the first sldie where it appears, and that configuration needs to be the same for all slides where it appears. It is an alternative for having that object on master slides, when you need to be able to control its visibility which means it needs a unique ID.

If I had an idea of what exactly is in the advanced action, maybe I could offer a solution. It could perhaps be a shared action if you need indeed to address other objects on the slides following on the first slide, which would need an instance of the button on each slide. A shared action would have the advantage of not choking Captivate because you'll have multiple instances of the same shared action with different parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, instead of an advanced action, I would have to add a shared action for that button to be disabled unless everything in each slide has been clicked? How does that look? (I am a first time user and I took the Adobe Course but I don't think we touched bases on that)

I am trying to "hide" or "disable" the next button I created on the first slide (timing "rest of project"). The shared action I had for the second slide (which is where I wanted the next button to be hidden until the user clicked all the other buttons in the slide) had a Show xxxx, assign 1 (I created variables for the conditional statement) and on the second tab I included my if statements and my action which was show next button, else hide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, Shared actions are not basics, and even advanced actions are not always well covered in Basics training. 

You want Forced view on each slide, which means the Next button has to appear after a number of items have been clicked.  Probably you want to have this happen only on the first visit of the slide, not on a later visit? Or do you not allow another visit, but force  the learner (bad idea) to follow your course in a linear way?

Disabling a button is a bad idea, not user friendly because the button remains visible.  With an instance of the Next button on each slide, you could follow this post:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/force-first-slide-view-micro-navigation

If you want to do it with a unique button timed for the rest of the project, please show the Preview window with the advanced actions you are using on the slide. You open Preview with the first button (arrow) in the top right control panel:

PreviewButton.PNG

You find all actions on that slide in the Advanced Interaction panel (F9).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources