• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aggregator for HTML5

Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a similar feature to aggregator in Captivate 6 that could aggregate HTML5 modules?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Aggregator only accepts .swf formats so if you are uploading your HTML5 modules on an LMS, then you can call the 2nd module at end of your 1st module.

Note : When you upload your module on it gives you a direct link, you can use that direct link (or URL) on the last slide of your 1st module.

Hope its helps !!

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using an LMS for this particular project. The project will be uploaded to a web site and learners can view the modules on the web site. What is your recommendation for this situation so that learners can easily navigate from one module to the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I'm not using an LMS. My project will be on a web page and users should be able to view it on that web page.

It would be very helpful to see an example of a simple html5 set of files -- an example of a simple web page that was done in html5 for an iPad to see the structure of the folders and files.

The only information I can find is in the Captivate Help menu as follows:

Hosting HTML5 output on web servers for iPad/iPhones

HTML5 output can be accessed on iPads/iPhones only through web browsers. Upload the entire HML5 output folder to a web server root folder and make the URL available to your users. Your users can access the URL from their iPad/iPhone and view the content that plays within the web browser.

Webserver root for IIS: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\

Webserver root for Apache: <Apache install folder>\htdocs\

This is not enough information for me to know how to set up the files.

My project consists of several modules. I published them to html5 into a main folder that I created. My folder structure looks like this:

• There is a main folder called "Published"
  • Within that "Published" folder there are 6 sub-folders, one for each module in the project, and each one with a unique name, like 'module1', module2', 'module3', and so forth.
  • Within the sub-folders are all the related files: a folder 'ar', 'a folder 'assets', a folder 'callees', a folder 'dr', a folder 'vr', a file 'index.html', and a file 'Project.js'

I need to set up a link to module1. When a user finishes module1, I want them to be navigated to module2, and so forth.

Being able to see an example of a simple web page that was done in html5 for an iPad with the structure of the folders and files would be extremely helpful for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As you mentioned that you are using IIS, so you will place the "Published" folder on the root location (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\)

To access 'module1', URL will be http://localhost/Published/module1/index.html (Depending on your server URL, localhost might get changed with your Server name)

On the last slide you will Insert a hyperlink or Text Caption (Click box over it) and you will call URL : http://localhost/Published/module2/index.html

You can test this and then follow the same steps for other module, users will able to navigate to other modules as well

Note : Same steps will apply for Apache Server

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In this way each module are different projects and their TOC are seperate too. Since my modules are parts of one lesson, how can I combine the TOC of the modules all together.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone received a solution on how to combine html5 projects into one course with each project separately accessed via the TOC. There doesn't seem to be a solution for this in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Aggregator is only for SWF output and even then it is NOT compatible with LMS delivery of multi-SCORM courses. So, the first question to answer here is: Are you using an LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I figured out a solution using the Table of Contents. I created a TOC for each module, republished them and then attached each module as content for the class in our LMS. Yes, we have an LMS and use SABA. Each course will have the 'chunkable' learning modules and within each module, the user can navigate quickly to a particular slide using the TOC. I wanted this feature so the user can see the topic and go back to it as needed or jump around as needed. Users will still need to complete all modules and successfully pass the assessment. The TOC allows me to have the visual topics and import into the LMS using the Captivate Scorm Package. The TOC is key to the feature because when I tested it first just attaching individual modules, they played one after the other as it typically does like a movie which is not what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources