Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all new Captivate publish in pdf

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

ist it possible to publish a Captivate course to PDF?

So i can share all slide on PDF slides? 

I use the all new Captivate Version 12.2.0.19

Thanks for response

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing to (interactive) PDF is not possible at the first place because the project can only be responsive.

In Captivate Classic you can Print a non-responsive project to Word and create a PDF from that document. There are some options. I never used them since the possibility to publish to an interactive PDF died with SWF player. I use a template in InDesign where I insert screenshots. The introduction of mutistate object makes it also practically unsuitable to print to one PDF with all the content. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i think you miss understand me. 

I want to render it in a PDF (not interactiv).

Just every single slide (like a PowerPoint) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I perfectly understood your question. Neither a passive nor an interactive PDF is possible from a responsive project. I also explained the reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @severinm29814815 , Captivate 12 and its updates do not allow publishing to PDF. However, you can raise a feature request on https://captivate.uservoice.com/forums/939318-adobe-captivate

By the way, would you mind sharing a few details on your query?

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Saurav_Ghosh How will you publish a responsive project to PDF? Even Captivate Classic needs the workaround with Printing to Word? And it never solved the issue with multistate objects, where all states need to be printed. I am not talking about the former interactive PDF because it was Acrobat how banished those, not Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources