• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative to glossary widget? (Output does not work in Sharepoint online)

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a question as I need to publish a CP 2019 module on Sharepoint online.
We have found a way to make it work (basically exporting it without the Quiz functionality and not as a zip file, then by exchanging all the "hmtl" and "htm" with "aspx").

The only thing that doesn´t work is the glossary widget.
All slides work as usual but jumping to the glossary it shows a blank page.
I can of course delete the whole glossary and simply not have that function or ideally replace it with something else.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Okay, for anyone that needs to replace the widget.

A. There are 3 projects in the Assets Tab of CP 2019 that give you a rudimentary glossary.
B. I ended using the solution from the video (drag a zipped Webpage folder into a slide) as it created a scrollable window and simply showed a table with all the entries. Works for me and is a very easy to implement solution.

Thank you Paul Wilson for pointing out that video!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually just build my own glossary slide instead of relying on the Learning Interaction included with Captivate. It's a holdover from the old SWF days and under certain circumstances will not work. If you have a lot of text use the idea in this video (not one of mine): https://youtu.be/ixbXR4HN9Js

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Paul, it's about 50 entries. Maybe I will just cut it out and let them download a pdf... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, for anyone that needs to replace the widget.

A. There are 3 projects in the Assets Tab of CP 2019 that give you a rudimentary glossary.
B. I ended using the solution from the video (drag a zipped Webpage folder into a slide) as it created a scrollable window and simply showed a table with all the entries. Works for me and is a very easy to implement solution.

Thank you Paul Wilson for pointing out that video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources