• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic texts - left to right does not work? (mixed order and wrong point position)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all.

I need to create documents in many languages, now in Arabic.
First problem: normally i duplicate an english document and put the new language there step by step.

For arabic I set the default to right to left and nothing happens in the document. But in a new document it works - at first glance (more about this later).
I suspect this is a bug(?)  Because it is similar with the default textes in the quiz slides: they only change when you insert a new slide, but not with in the existing slides.
It is a lot of work to create the documents again. Does anyone have any experience?

Second problem:  When I create a new document in arabic the following happens with texts:
1. the point at the end of the paragraph is always at the bottom right of the text box. It should be at the left of the last word. Does it work for anyone?
2. there are some german words in the text (e.g. product names). When this happens, the word order suddenly changes completely.
(see picture)

Many thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?