• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assets not opening

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add some assets but when I click on the assets button, nothing happens. I'm using Captivate 2019

Has anyone run into this and how do I solve it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Did you install the basic set of eLearning assets? For Windows look under Public Documents\Adobe to check its presence.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the basic set of eLearning assets? For Windows look under Public Documents\Adobe to check its presence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The assets are in the public documents under the Adobe folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that is a start. Are you on the most recent version, which is 11.0.1.266? Are you perhaps behind a firewall, because you need to acces the eLearning Broters' website to access the free assets? For the Characters,  check the workflow: go into the Characters dialog box, and try to hoose a character...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - Thanks

I needed to execute the assets.  Now it works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand correctly that you donwloaded the assets file but didn't install it?  You first answered that they were available under Publis Documents, typo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i execute or upload the assets to cap19 from the public/documents/adobe/elearning folder once i locate them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "execute the assets?" How did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I cannot see my Assets, and I don't understand how to populate my ASSETS. Can you walk me through populating my Assets? Or, maybe there are no Assets with the trial v of Cap 19, that's what I am using. I don't get your explanation of where to exactly find the Assets folder to download to Cap19. Where is Public folder? Where is 'the Adobe folder'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please offer directions on how to "install the basic set of eLearning assets."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the thread and report if you see them in Public documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue.  I see the elearning assets folder in the Adobe\Public Documents folder and I'm not behind a firewall.  What do I need to do to see the assets in Captivate? I just installed Captivate yesterday so I'm on the latest release.   Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem at this moment, still not fixed. Please have some patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for appearing impatient.  I didn't understand that there was a larger issue.. thought it was my user error.  I appreciate the clarification.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to apàologize at all, you couldn't know this was a major problem. It started yesterday evening (I am in Europe) with lot os similar complaints. When I checked myself, did see that Assets panel was empty, only Discovery and Downloads were still accessible. Same witht he eLearing community. This morning I pinged some people, and they were already working on it. Apparently it takes longer than expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this update! I am having the same issue and have tried (with my company tech support) many of the fixes to no avail. Hopefully an update will be sent out to users once the issue is resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue with assets not showing up. I have tried:

Nothing has worked. I still have no assets. Would someone please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my previous answers? At this moment the Assets panel (with exception for Discovery and Downloads) looks blank for everyone. The team is working to fix it ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to work fine for me this morning !...

(Wasn't the case yesterday...)

Hope it works also for you !...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, they have been working on it all day yesterday and very relieved it has been solved. Kudos tto the Captivate team!

However it is no longer possible to upload a published project, nor media. I just tried to post a new game, and had to insert a link to my domain, no way even to insert a graphic. If you want to play:

Find missing shape

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It's working for me again as well! Shout out to the Captivate team for the quick fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for me as well....thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did yours get fixed? I am still trying to downoad assets and it's not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you behind a firewall? If yes, is access to the WWW limited?

Which exact version of Captivate do you use (see full number under Help, About Captivate). Is that version compatible with your OS? Are you on Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources