• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio continues to play when I pause or stop video via the playbar

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Hoping someone can help me.  I'm filling in for an employee that normally builds our training presentations. Basically, each slide has an imported Mp4 and Mp3 (I split the audio/video to get the closed captioning to work). It wasn't until I previewed it in HTML5, that I realized I have no way of stopping the audio. Meaning...if I hit the stop or pause buttons, the video stops but the audio keeps going.  And, I thought I was doing so well until this point.  Really hoping to correct this.  Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please include the version of your software and operating system.

A couple of screenshots would help.

It sounds like when you hit pause, it is the pause of the video, not the slide. So the video pauses but everything else in the slide keeps playing. 

Are you pausing using the slide or the video controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please insert a screenshot of the Timeline? 

Did you insert the video as slide video? Normally CC should work in that case.  Howeveer if you use Event video (which seems almost impossible since you talk about CC, that will always play independently of the Captivat interface.  You need to use the dedicated control panel which appears when you hover over the bottom of the video. There is NO way to link pausing other items on the slide with the Pause button of event video.

Please have a look at this introduction:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

You talk about Pause/Play buttons. Are those custom buttons? In that case did you choose the option 'SStop Slide Audio'  When 'Clicked' in the Properties panel of that button? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources