Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio issue when importing back into Captivate from Audition

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did a silly recording in Captivate where I recorded a teams meeting screen share with both my microphone and computer audio enabled because I needed a second person on the mic and couldn't think of an easier way to do it remotely. I created a separate track and edited it to sound great, but when I save the file back to Captivate and publish, I have a terrible echo. If I go back to the audition audio file, it sounds great. I'm not sure if it's a captivate or audition question, but hoping someone has an idea for a fix : 

Using Audition CC 2015.2

Captivate 8

Thank you,

justin

TOPICS
Audio and video , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may still have the original audio file in Captivate playing at the same time.  Have you made sure to replace the other audio file?  Check in the Library to find any audio file that sounds similar to the one you are importing from Audition and then check its Usage to find which slide on which it is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Thank you for the help! I only one file in the audio library, and it's the one that I edited in audition and imported. New symptom I've noticed - I can play the audio file in the Captivate audio editor and it sounds fine. When I preview the audio by clicking play on the timeline, it sounds jumbled/delayed/echoey. It might even be more of a distortion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Usage number for that file.  Is it only used ONCE or TWICE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

I'm with you there, it just shows 1 in usage. I had two mics because we were remote (or rather, I had computer audio and a mic), and there was some bleed from the other speaker into my mic, so I multi tracked them together in audition and then cut out the bleed in my mic from the other speaker. It's only the other speaker that sounds garbled (computer audio), but with it working and sounding flawless in audition I can't understand why it'd make her sound funny in captivate. Audition forums had no luck either. I'm still wondering if there's a second audio track playing from somewhere, or if it's the same track playing over itself and ill-timed, but I am unaware of any other place that audio might live, and I have this setup as project narration. I recorded straight into captivate, then exported to audition, then back in to Captivate.

Cptx_Library.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new blank project and add that same audio file to the slide, does it echo then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a blank project and imported the audio to the background and it sounded perfect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then that would indicate to me that there's really nothing wrong with the actual audio clip itself.  For some reason there must be two versions of it playing almost at the same time on the slide with which you are experiencing the issue.  

If you have looked into all possibilities such as a slide object also having the audio attached (as well as the timeline) or Advanced Actions triggered ON Slide Enter set to Play Audio, then I suggest you insert a new blank slide into the project and try adding the audio clip to that slide's timeline.  If it sounds fine, start copying over objects from the other problem slide and test each time to see if you hear the issue again.  If you hear it immediately after copying a particular object, then you have found your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources