• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't encountered this yet while building other courses.

I've added audio to a couple slides.  I can play the slides from the timeline and I hear the audio as expected.  When I do my typical "HTML5 in Browser" preview the audio is not playing. 

Any advice?  I'm guessing something simple is going on but I haven't had this happen to date.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that if I do a "play from slide" preview that the audio does play.  Just want to make sure I get something fixed if need be before I add another 40 audio files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you do a Publish and preview in your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published it and ran it through our LMS, no audio is playing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the time showing it is progressing through the slide?  If you can share the cptx file, I can take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to pop in, hope you know that only a Pause command On Enter can prevent slide audio from playing.  Even if you have a pausing point close to the start, slide audio will start playing and continue even when the playhead is paused at that pausing point. Just wanted to clarify, I have mentioned this possibility (Pause On Enter) in my comment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting closer...it doesn't look like it is a captivate issue, looks like something in my own system is haywire.  I plugged in headphones and everything is playing as expected when previewed.  Now I have to figure out why some things are playing over my computer speakers and others aren't.

It is interesting though, when I previewed before, slide audio wouldn't play but buttons that prompted audio would play.  strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit off topic, but if you are on a non-responsive project, the ONLY preview which can be trusted is 'Preview HTML in Browser' (F11). Play slide is NOT at all a preview method, the other methods use temporary SWF output which is now obsolete.

Check if you don't have the command PAUSE for the On Enter event. I mention this because several Ready-to-go Slides from the Assets panel do have that setup. I did log this very quickly as a bug because you have issues when adding slide audio to your projects. See:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-adding-audio-to-qsp-slides-ready-to-go-slides

Possible other reason after publishing may be that you didn't check to Include  Audio when publishing, as is the case i this example:

PublishSetup.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, yes, I primarily use the Preview HTML5 in Browser for actual preview.  I use play slide just for getting the timing of things right.  For some reason using play slide my audio would play and then under preview it wouldn't, but I'm finding my audio issues are somewhere in my computer.  With headphones plugged in everything is operating as it should through HTML5 in Browser preview.  I went back and launched the test publish and everything is playing through headphones fine there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources