• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio of the video does not play in one slide.

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda stuck on why my slide-audio doesn't play on one of my slides. It works fine in all other slides and I am not sure what I'm missing.

The audio is already in the video so I did not add an additional audio file.

If I watch the slide in captivate itself, it works perfectly fine but if I publish it HTML5 in this slide the audio is missing and on the next one it is there again.

Has anybody has had the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additon:
If I play the video from the start it will not play any sound on that slide (even if I put the sound seperatly to that slide.

If I hop directly to the bookmark with this slide, the audio plays and it is only the problem with that slide.

I already reduced the filesize and split the video to different captivate slides, so this should not be the problem (I had there a problem first with the timing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer yet, which mostly means the question lacks some details. 

Terminology is rather confusing in Captivate. You talk about one slide where audio is not playing. Is this a slide which has a video clip where the audio is integrated?  Later on you talk about 'bookmark',  a term which points to an interactive video in Captivate. Are you still talking about one slide, which has an interactive video and the audio is not playing?

Play the slide can never be a reference, it is just meant for editing reasons. The real test is Preview HTML in Browser, and in that case you don't hear the audio?

Can you please clarify more? I vaguely remember the recommendation to split the video, but cannot remember details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my chaos 🙂

I have an interactive video project with bookmarks and foreward and back buttons.

Each slide contains a video with the audio already is integrated. 

If I publish it or play the HTML5 preview always the same slide does not play the video with sound, but only this particular slide. 

And only if I play the complete project from the beginning on through. If I hop to that slide at the beginning of my interactive video (there is a slide to chose from 4 options at the beginning) it plays the slide with sound.

I hope you understand it? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is this video in megabytes?

If you add this same video to a new blank CPTX project and then try to Preview in HTML5, do you see the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I try to see some logic., it looks like the audio is muted somewhere on a slide before that particular slide. I know that you have distributed the video which was too big over multiple slides (from another thread) - @RodWard  Sorry for my memory.

Can you check the interactivity features on the overlay slides before the particular slide where audio is muted? Especially if you have commands triggered directly or by using advanced/shared actions. Maybe the Advanced Interaction panel (F9) can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources