• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio playing too soon

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have four slides in my presentation where I am on slide A but at the end of slide A's audio slide B's audio begins playing without transitioning to the new slide. I've checked the recording in the timeline and slide A only has slide A's audio in the recording, and there's no other audio on the slide. How can I get slide B's audio off slide A?

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably Captivate is seeing all the audio clips as one project audio and loses synchronization. Please add a gap before and after the audio timeline on each slide. See this screenshot:

GapAudio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add the gap? I've seen this suggestion several times when I searched for an answer but never saw instructions on how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the mouse and drag the audio timeline little bit from the start frame of the slide to add the starting gap.

Increase the duration of the slide by dragging its end with the mouse or by using the Timing Properties to add the gap at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the audio problem, but now for every slide I did this to the slide before it will not advance with the play button on the playbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with the play button. Are you very new to Captivate?

In a normal situation you never need the Play button on the playbar at all. As long as you don't have any pausing point (of an interactive object like your images used as buttons) or use the command Pause On Enter for a slide (or On Exit), the playhead starts playing at the first frame of the first slide and continues to the next slide when the last frame of a slide is reached.  This is not a 'presentation' where you need to click each slide to proceed to the next slide, this is an eLearning course. A pausing point of an interactive object has no effect whatsoever on slide audio, if you didn't configure the interactive object to pause that slide audio (which I doubt to be the case). Moving the audio timeline for a very short gap (0.1 to 0.3secs) has only the effect that the audio will start that short time later, but there cannot be any link to play or pause. 

Have a look at this blog post, perhaps the most important I ever have written:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources