• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio quality degrading in Captivate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have recorded audio for my e-learning course in Adobe audition. It sounds good in Audition and when played independently, but when I import it into Captivate it is sounding scratchy (best term I can describe). Any idea of how to fix this? This isn't my first time importing a .wav file from audition to Captivate, just the first time I've noticed a degredation in quality. Thoughts?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the audio 16bit PCM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's currently 32 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try my suggestion and use 16bit PCM WAV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a WAV file, correct? What are the settings? How did you test in Captivate (Preview or after publishing)? I mostly use your workflow, creating the audio clips in Audition and then import them to the Captivate library from which I drag them on the appropriate slides. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a WAV file. So it's currently 48000 Hz and 32 bit (float). I'm listening to it in the production side and previewing it in HTML5. I'm hearing it in both. I honestly haven't tried putting it into my LMS yet to see if it is there. I've never had this issue before and I didn't change my overall process at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. We haven't developed new eLearns with audio for a few months, and are back at creating our next batch of courses - and the audio is coming out horrible through captivate. I created in Audition, it sounds great. Bring it into Captivate, and it's terrible sounding.

Really terrible sounding in the Audio edit screen when adding the closed captioning, it's robotic sounding.

When I preview the slides/course in HTML or Slide preview, it's not as bad, but terrible.

So I published, just to see how it sounds, and it is still very crackly.

This is not a new process for me, have been doing course with audio for some time now - it worked before, but is not working now.

Did you report this to Adobe? Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bug. Just Captivates way to compress the audio so it is tagged to match 30 FPS in the time line. But the task is outdated and unnecessary now-a-days.

Export the project and replace/overwr  ite the audio files with the source files (remeber to rename your files so the are matching.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate audio files need to be 16bit PCM WAV files (though it will also accept MP3 before then changing them back to WAV internally).  Using the wrong format or bitrate can cause degrated audio issues like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources