Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio resume on slide revisit

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The audio on the slide keeps playing from the start on the slide revisit. The requirement is that the audio shud resume from where it stopped. The below, download link has the file and added the details about the problem inside the file.

Download file:

https://we.tl/t-GDzYanHkDg 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not download files to solve problems for free.

If you want help, please explain here and post details here.

It would need to be slide audio, and how the slide is left before the audio finishes? Storing the frame where the learner left in a user variable would allow you to jump back to that frame. Slide audio is synched with the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, was not able to attach the file in the below attach option so sent a download link. 

1) In my project there are total of 4 slides, one is the introduction slide & the rest are normal working slides, on the 2nd slide is the navigation buttons i.e settings, play/pause, back & continue button and this navigation button is the same for the 3rd slide as well. 

2) On the forth slide is the settings slide, which has the cc on/off, sound on/off & toc on/off button. If we want to control the cc, sound or toc we can control this from the settings slide. 

3) On the second slide the cc will turn off on revisit, so i jump to 4th slide(i.e settings slide) by clicking the settings button on the second slide. And then i click the close button the 4th slide it directly jumps to the 3rd slide instead of the 2nd slide (this is the issue im facing). So if I want to go to second slide, then i have to use the navigation back button to go to the second slide. This is how my project looks.

SantosALeo_3-1664026767301.png

4) The trigger I used on the settings button is below

SantosALeo_2-1664026506635.png

5) The trigger used on the close button is below. I used this trigger so that wen i click the close button it will go to the last slide visited and will resume the audio wer it stopped but its not working properly.

SantosALeo_1-1664026466692.png

Below is the video attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why use two navigation commands i the Close action? Go to Last Visited slide is unnecessary, since you use micro-navigation to jump directly to the frame stored in the user variable.

On the Filmstrip this looks to be slide audio. If it is slide audio, is it paused when reaching the pausing point of any button? Slide audio is sychronized with the timeline, but by default will not be paused by a pausing point of an interactive object. Have a look at this blog post:

Pausing Timeline and Audio clips - eLearning (adobe.com)

Summarizing: if the audio is slide audio, and it is paused by the pausing point(s) of the interactive objects, the user variable will store the frame corresponding with the pausing point. If you don't pause the slide audio on the pausing point, the audio continues to play although the play head stops at the pausing point.

Please post a screenshot of the Timeline of the slide with the Settings button, where you trigger the first action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean this screenshot?

SantosALeo_0-1664035912660.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline screenshot

SantosALeo_0-1664035963013.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notifications are off again, this stupid platform.

Yes, it looks like your button  doesn't have a pausing point. Did you try without the slide navigation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mam I am not getting you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame numbering starts from frame 1 on the first slide and continues throughout the project. No need to use 'Go to Last Visited Slide' since you will navigate to the appropriate frame with the control system variable cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume.  This is called 'micro-navigation' in my blog posts, since there is no official Adobe term.

https://blog.lilybiri.com/micro-navigation-introduction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you understand my most recent answer? Frame numbering continues during the project, there is no need to go to a slide before using the micro-navigation to a frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but little bit tricky. So is there any solution that we can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know English is bit of a problem. Did you try to take out the Go to Last Visited Slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes mam, tried removing the gotolastslidevisited. It exactly jumps to the slide and resumes the audio exactly where it was stopped. As I have used gotoframeandresume & cpinfocurrentframe. 

By clicking the settings button it jumps to the settings slide.

SantosALeo_2-1664361839585.png

By clicking the close button it will jump to the slide it last exited.

SantosALeo_3-1664361965191.png

For example if the settings button is clicked on slide 02, it jumps to the settings slide which has the close button. If the close button is clicked it jumps to the slide 03 instead of slide 02 and keeps of repeating this on to the next slide. Not sure if this is an issue or captivate functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources