• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best free platform to upload SCORM/HTML content onto?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have created an interactive module on Adobe Captivate, but now realise that the learning platfrom my company uses may not be able to upload the SCORM/HTLM content as it was created (we use sharepoint - so can upload videos, and PowerPoints and other documents). Help! What are my options? I've used SCORM Cloud but there is a limit on how many people I can send the course to. Does anyone have any other free platforms they use for learners to be able to access SCORM conent . . . or any other advice for me? I'd hate to lose all the work I put into this course. Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Again if you don't need to track results (and trust me, someone like a CEO in your organization will eventually ask for results) you can upload it to a web server. WordPress is a great tool for blogging but I don't think it will allow you to upload a group of files and folders in the structure that you need for an eLearning course. Here is a tutorial I did on how you can upload to a relatively free Amazon AWS server.

https://captivateteacher.com/articles/amazon-aws 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharepoint cannot be used as an LMS, and it's not really even suitable for use as a web server.

Do you have access to a web server that is capable of running PHP? If so, look into installing Moodle open-source LMS.

If tracking your user interactions with the course is not important and all you need to do is allow them access to the content, then you don't really need SCORM or an LMS.  But you do need a web server, and for Captivate's HTML5 output that web server must also be configured to allow JSON files.

If you don't have thousands of learners, SCORM cloud's fees for smallish numbers are not actually all that bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! It appears I could upload the HTML 5 file to a webpage such as wordpress, is that correct? I have the reporting feature disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again if you don't need to track results (and trust me, someone like a CEO in your organization will eventually ask for results) you can upload it to a web server. WordPress is a great tool for blogging but I don't think it will allow you to upload a group of files and folders in the structure that you need for an eLearning course. Here is a tutorial I did on how you can upload to a relatively free Amazon AWS server.

https://captivateteacher.com/articles/amazon-aws 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hooray! This is exactly what I was looking for! My organization can track results because I'll have the quizzes for the module uploaded to our sharepoint system (not as clean as having them right with the course, but at least is a way to track the learners) until our organization moves to a new system in the spring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources