• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Biteable within Captivate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to import a biteable into captivate and when I do this, and preview all of the info isn't displayed, it's like it's outwith the screen size for the blank captivate project.

The biteable has been downloaded at 16:9 which is the default setting, the others are, 9:16, 1:1, 4:5 - can you let me know which of these I should be using to ensure compatibility within captivate.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the exact version of your software and operating system?

I don't think the ratio can cause a compatibility issue. 

Can you add a screenshot to illustrate your issue? 

What format of video are you using when exporting from Biteable? 

Can you use a Media Encoder to convert it to mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Captivate 2019, 11.5.5.553

Windows 10

jackieb26629005_0-1615888054318.png

jackieb26629005_1-1615888107123.png

I'm not aware that Biteable gives you a format option when downloading, these are the only options I am aware of:

jackieb26629005_2-1615888232945.png

It is an MP4 video.

Any further advice very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK Biteable produces a video (mp4?).

Resize the video in the Adobe Media Encoder so that it fits the resolution of your Captivate project. It is not just the width/height ratio which is important. You can choose any resolution you want in Captivate. But it is important for the file size not to have a video which leads to a very big file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

The file is an MP4 video, therfore I thought this would be compatible.

How do I choose resolution in captivate?  Also will changing the resolution affect other screens within the overall project?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you have either problems with the codec or with the resolution. A 'mp4' is a global name but can use different codecs. The fact that you cannot see the resolution/size in Biteable just points out one of its limitations.

For that reason I recommended to re-encode using the Adobe Media Encoder (which is packaged with Captivate). Choose the right resolution and encode to H264. That way it will be easy to import with the Media button in Captivate.

You'll have to choose between Event and Slide video. Event video will play independently from Captivate's timeline. Slide video will be synchronized and can also be used to convert into an interactive video.

A non-responsive project has a fixed size in px. You need to choose that size when creating the project, so normally you have already done that. You can check the size either in the Project Info panel, or look under Modify, Rescale what the present size is. Each slide will have the same size.

In the screenshots I see that you use a Preview method which is not suited for HTML output.  Use only F11, Preview HTML in Browser to see the output. You should also be able to see the size of your video on the stage, or you can check it in the Properties panel, Options tab. It is possible to rescale the video in Captivate using the mouse and moving the corner handles while pressing SHIFT. However that means that you will be stuck with the original file size, while re-encoding to the correct size with AME will also reduce the file size and make your project lighter.

BTW version is not important for this question, ignore why it was asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, all sounds quite comlpex.

How do I use the adobe media encoder from within captivate.

I didn't know about the fixed size in px for a blank project - how do I do this?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever you create a new project (non-responsive) you'll be shown the previous size, and you can keep that size or choose another size. Are you completely new to Captivate?

NewResolution.PNG

You don't use the Adobe Media Encoder from within Captivate. You have to open it, drag the video to the application and the default conversion is already set to H264. You can choose the new size. Here is a link to the Help page for AME:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/media-encoder.html?mv=product&mv2=me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Yes, I am completely new to Captivate and trying my best to figure out how to use it using you tube clips and posts to this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources