Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen after opening a date file

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I m a Mac user (IOS 12.5 Monterey) and try to use Adobe Captivate for editing some of my colleagues work. I have the 2019 version of Adobe CP. 
When i open CP or the file, the CP showes only the small preview slides on the left, but no any slides on the screen. Its black and has no slides at all. 

Can anyone help me with this problem? 
Many thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a macOS user, but I know some compatibility issues related to the specific version of Adobe Captivate and macOS. You can find your exact version if you click on the Help dropdown and select About Adobe Captivate. If you are using a subscription version of Adobe Captivate, you should try to upgrade to version 11.8.0.710. If you have a perpetual license, you will want to stick with version 11.5.5.676. You can find more information here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/captivate/release-note/adobe-captivate-11-8-release-notes.html 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul,

I contacted the helpdesk and they gave me another downloadlink, with a version that worked with Mac IOS 12.5
But strangely, Adobe never offered an universal downloadlonk that covers the latest IOS version. I originally downloaded from Adobe website with the only choice of either Windows or Mac. It seems, that they didn't updated their download center...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you got it figured out.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources