Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blink appears when switch to FMR slide to static slide

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Captivate 2019 - 11.5.5.

I captured some screens using software simulation in Captivate. It also have some FMR slides as well.

When published to video, and the screens moves from FMR to static screen, there is some kind of blink effect added by default. I have total 3 FMR slides in my project, but strangey I am facing issue with only two slides. 

I also have the another project with same setting and FMR slides, that was running fine.

Any reason?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

May I offer some suggestions? If you only want a demonstration, do not use Software simulation in Demo mode, but use the Video Demo feature available in Captivate. There are several reasons for this recommendation:

• FMR slides are still relying on SWF technology. Those SWF slides should be converted to MP4 on runtime, but even original mp4 videos embedded in a cptx file do lead to issues when publishing the cptx file to MP4. Issues with coded, with FPS etc...
  • Video Demo has a dedicated editor, w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I offer some suggestions? If you only want a demonstration, do not use Software simulation in Demo mode, but use the Video Demo feature available in Captivate. There are several reasons for this recommendation:

• FMR slides are still relying on SWF technology. Those SWF slides should be converted to MP4 on runtime, but even original mp4 videos embedded in a cptx file do lead to issues when publishing the cptx file to MP4. Issues with coded, with FPS etc...
  • Video Demo has a dedicated editor, which allows non-destructive editing. Compare that to the limited options for FMR-slides and you'll understand why the output of Video Demo has a much higher quality. It is the only possible output.
  • If you insist on continuing with the old Software sim technology you'd better replace the FMR slide by Video Demo slides which is perfectly possible during capture, you stop the normal capture if you expect a FMR slide to appear, and use the big button Slides to insert a Video Demo slide, then continue with normal sim slides.
  • In any case, both for FMR and Video Demo be sure to change from 16-bit to 32-bit under Preferences, Recording, Video Demo. That setting will automatically also be applied to the FMR slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri. Ok I will use the video mode method to record the screen in future.

But, do you have any workaround for the slides/simulations which I had already recorded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not possible to replace the FMR slides by Video Demo slides? After you switch to 32-bit mode in Preferences. You have only 3 FMR slides in the project. For static slides I would try to insert a fade in transition, which sometimes helps. There is no possibility to use an On Enter Delay event, since it is a video slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it is not possible for me to replace the captured slides as the report which I have captured has been changed now. Let me do some workaround to handle this, but i agree to point to capture on Video Demo. Going forward I'll keep this as my setting.

Thank you :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources