Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurred text HTML5 Adobe Presenter 11

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to publish a presentation from PowerPoint using Adobe Presenter 11 in the HTML5 output, and the text is blurred. I have seen similar questions listed in other discussions, but those I have seen are for Adobe Presenter 10.

I am seeing the same blurred text as described by others in the HTML5 output. Has there been an option added that fixes this issue? I have tried saving the slides manually as images before uploading (GIF, JPEG, PNG) and it has not changed the quality of the published product.

A previous staff answer to a similar question stated:

"Sorry. This is a known issue.

FYI, the HTML5 output was primarily meant to support content viewing on tablet browsers.

We do take snapshots of slides at a fixed resolution and the current implementation does not support taking images snapshots at varying (multiple) resolutions."

So has this feature, to take snapshots at varying resolutions, been added? Is this still a known, but unresolved, issue? I will not purchase this software if the presentations are blurred.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had issues with the text appearing to be cut off along the edges (typically bottom or right) in HTML5. Have experimented with single line text box vs multi line, have also tried increasing text box margin size. Nothing helps.

It's definitely a problem, and one that Articulate seems to have solved....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... From what I can see from testing in two different LMS's and using other authoring tools like Articulate to publish the same project, Adobe Presenter coverts the text when published into an image. Other authoring tools even Captivate, keeps the font a font. It didn't matter which LMS I tried it in.

If I publish as HTML5 / SWF the SWF version looks great but the HTML5 version makes the fonts look bad when viewing over a certain size. SWF doesn't make sense anymore with the death of Adobe Flash and this has us scrambling to make sure we concentrate on HTML5 only moving forward. Which for us, means we have to use a different authoring tool. Presenter has served us well for years and very easy to use but if they don't fix with there next version we have to change.

The only thing I noticed that helps the font pixelation problems, somewhat, is make sure you are publishing at the highest image settings and make the original powerpoint size double what you need. Larger file size but looks a little better looking.

I am all ears, if someone has found a better solution using Adobe Presenter to publish fonts as fonts in HTML5. Or if Adobe plans to fix this anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same issue in version 11.0, Build 133. I'm seeing blurred content.  I even set to the highest quality level, but no change. 

Any idea on when this issue will be addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johng,

I have no idea when they are going to address this and asked numerous times over the years but you would think Adobe would have been ahead of the game if they new the direction Adobe Flash was heading. They should have already had Presenter 12 out or Presenter 11 should have already been fixed to produce a high quality HTML5 version of your content.

We have been using Adobe Connect as our main LMS and Adobe Presenter to publish for the last 6 years I have been at my company. And each year, adobe flash playback was becoming more of a problem. The beginning of the end of flash seemed to have started as soon as the late Steve Jobs decided to disabled all flash content playback on the IPhone's. Shortly after, android follow suite, and it seems recently every time a browser updates, flash is becoming more of a hassle to activate.

I saw the signs when they changed the started to rename Adobe Flash Pro a few time and now its called Animate CC and Mobile Device Packaging.

Not to mention in our case, Adobe Connect as an LMS, is built from the ground up using flash based script.

I have been asking and asking for years and yes Adobe Captivate can produce great HTML5 content and now they have Adobe Captivate Prime as a new option for an LMS but depending on your needs is very expensive. This seems to be the direction they are heading but it still leaves me upset that Presenter hasn't made the changes needed years ago to produce HTML5 content the correct way.

So, as a company, we had to make the decision to get ahead of this and to move to a different LMS and went with Articulate for our authoring tools going forward. I think the price of Articulate is high but you do get a bundle of apps to use. One that is identical to Adobe Presenter, that is an add-on to powerpoint but publishes HTML5 content the correct way and a stand alone software like Captivate but for the average user Articulate Storyline is much easier to use than Captivate and I use Adobe products for everything else. Plus they include a few other authoring and screen recording tools.

Keep in mind that our content that we produce is not really interactive or any type of software simulation. We do basic modules with voice over, imagery, videos and very simple user interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We just buy 6 licences of Adobe Presenter 11.

We used Adobe Presenter since version 6 or 7 I think and everything was fine when publishing in Flash.

How can I get the same resolution when publishing in HTML5 ?

Thanks

UPDATE:

I had the chance to chat with someone at Adobe and he sent me a new version.

The publish quality of that new version is great in HTML5 !!!  yeah !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JBourgoin,

Did they send you a version newer than 11.1? That version is still stuck publishing low res bitmaps for HTML5.

Today's release of the Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2019 release) was disappointing as it kept Presenter at 11.1 and Captivate 2019 is an insufficient replacement for Presenter. Presenter 11.1 isn't mentioned under their Digital Learning solutions or eLearning authoring. If they don't updated Presenter by Adobe Max in October, I'll assume they are letting it die. Adobe should really provide some guidance with respect to Presenter so customer can move on and start transitioning to other solutions before Flash expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe mentioned making the fix for blurred text issue in html5 while using Adobe Presenter public? I have over 350 courses that are currently being converted to html5 and was told there is an issue with blurred text. My project is currently on hold until a fix is found or my company decide to use a different software for publishing training. I'm hoping for a resolution soon. Any suggestions for fixing the issue are greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Adobe for 2 months trying to get a proper fix. The first fix I received took care of the blurry text issue but when publishing to html5 the animations and image don't always populate as they should. They animations and images appear properly when published as pdf or to my connect server. Adobe told me to limit the number of animations and images on a slide. Multiple animation and images wasn't an issue before. Patiently waiting for a html5 fix so I can convert all my courses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix for blurred text. Someone from Flash player forum posted the link to the updated build for Presenter 11.1 from 6/26/18. With the updated install the canvas images are now published at 1920x1080 instead of 720x405.

Presenter11.1_build_197 [1.6 GB]

https://adobe.ly/2NUV6CC

Adobe Craetive Cloud: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/d84f2ff0-3416-43c5-50e9-ce633822049a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thansk

I will try it !!!

Jérôme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just test Build 197...

Build 189 make blurry text.

I talked to someone at Adobe weeks ago and they sent me Build 193.  Build 193, make sharp text...

BUT, if you add a video on a slide, when you publish in HTML5 the position of the video is not correct.

For example, if you put the video in the center of the slide.

In the publish, the video will be more at the left and upper.  You have to make to move it to the right and down on the slide and publish again.  Check the publication... and try again.  A real pain !!!!

I just test Build 197 and it does the same as Build 193.

So...... again..... We have problem with Presenter !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received version 11.1.0 build 203. It fixed the blurred text but the images and animations don't populate correctly in html5 format. The images, animations and text work fine when published as pdf, to my connect server as both but not as html5 format only. Adobe told me to limit the number or animations and images on a slide. Adobe also insisted that I reapply the images and animations then the html5 format would publish properly. I have over 350 courses to republish and I need a simple and quick fix. Not sure if anyone else has gotten a recent response from Adobe that works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information...

So,

Build 189 - text and image soft

Build 193 - text and image sharp, but animations and position of video don't populate correctly in HTML5

Build 197 - text and image sharp, but animations and position of video don't populate correctly in HTML5

Build 203 - text and image sharp, but animations and position of video don't populate correctly in HTML5

I'm in communication with someone at Adobe.

She told me, today, that my issue is escalated to the engineering team...

But...

They don't have any estimated time of resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PowerPoint are you using?

This is a problem with how object types and the applied animations are named or instantiated in PowerPoint and how Adobe Presenter translates those names into it's programming language. Object types  (numbers), groups and animations get ID numbers and associated names. Layer order and time also get thrown in. Some how object names/id numbers in HTML5 code are getting re-used or re-ordered; Presenter in HTML5 code is giving an object an id that has already been used. It's not straight forward.

On past versions of Presenter there were issues with this even for Flash output. I'm still on Office 2010 so I'm wondering if a newer version of PowerPoint might change how object are instantiated.

Hopefully you have the source files for your courses. I have a lot of presentations back to Presenter 7 and some without the source PowerPoint. Hopefully Presenter 12 comes out some day and they put emphasis on the parsing of the object names/id and assigning unique name[id] for HTML5 output.

Are you having any problems with quizzes in the HTML5 output? I know there have been similar problems with how object are named and ID'd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

philipcw  a écrit

Hopefully Presenter 12 comes out some day and .....

Hopefully, they will send us a fix for Presenter 11.1 that we pay and that we want to work well !!!!!!

Like it is now, my bosses will refuse to pay for a newer version.  We work with Presenter since Presenter 6.  And each time, we have some problem Some peoples at work begin to talk about Articulate Presenter !  Maybe my bosses will want to give up Adobe Presenter.  I hope that Adobe will solve the problem before !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2016 version of PP. I've been having the SME publish their content using both (swf and html5). Using both does not show any issues. I will be testing the quiz soon as html5 only and let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sheilas20029400. I was having the blurred problem publishing only in HTML5, but when I selected "Both," that seemed to resolve the issue. However, right now, it seems that my content is (by default) loading as flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stepheng58524471  a écrit

.......but when I selected "Both," that seemed to resolve the issue. However, right now, it seems that my content is (by default) loading as flash.

Yes, if it's sharp... you see it in Flash.

If you force to see the HTML5, it will be "blur"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume Adobe Presenter is End-of-Life. Adobe refuses to address the issue or communicate to it's customers. It's not like we a asking for a product development road map for Photoshop. All browser Flash implementations are restricting access and creating a horrible user experience for eLearners. I just talked to Adobe technical support and they will only say that it is a known issue. This can only create distrust with the Adobe user community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using 11.1 build 203. The text is clear when publishing as html5 only. My only issue is that some animations and images don't appear when they should. I'm going to reach out to Adobe again to see if they have a better solution versus telling me to reapply all images and animations that don't appear properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to download and use the newer Builds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to ring directly. Don't use live help as they pass you around. Luckily you will get someone who works on presenter and they will provide you with a shared page to download the 203 build.

Just as another note it only started working correctly when I changed the pc to win 10 and 2016 ppt. Even though it says it can work on win 7 and ppt 2010 I could not get it to work.

I still have issues with the slides missing the first few animations and not going past the results page of the quiz but at least the graphics are ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/adobe-presenter-11-1-5-is-available/
they say this is the latest version of Presenter.

HTML5 output resolution is solved. It looks ok.

However, you can still find some SWF files in output (publish > "html5 only" option selected). These you need to delete manually and also delete that paths-to-files inside imsmanifest.xml to proceed to default LMS server 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, this is the Captivate forum and an old thread.

If you want answers, post your question in the Connect forum. They told me that Presenter has merged to that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources