Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarking an hour long video for LMS

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9-

I have a one hour video that will be put into our LMS and be Scorm compliant.

I want to be able to allow the user to leave the LMS,and start viewing the video where they left when they return.

I tried having an introduction slide, followed by a video spread out across multiple slides. I have it so each slide is numbered. One thing I am having trouble changing is the timing of each slide. For some reason I can only change the timing on every slide except for the last one which is really long??

If I have a 60 minute video (3600 seconds) and divide that across 30 slides, that should equal 2 minutes per slide. For some reason I can only change the first 29 slides to 120 seconds, and the last slide is is saying 3977 which i'm guessing is the total duration?

I got the idea above from watching this video- http://vivaelearning.com/adobe-captivate-tutorial-add-scorm-bookmarks-embedded-videos/

but he didn't visualize how to change the timing of every slide at the end..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

You need to create the correct amount of slides and the slides durations before you import your video. Things get messed up with you try to adjust the slide lengths after the fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create the correct amount of slides and the slides durations before you import your video. Things get messed up with you try to adjust the slide lengths after the fact.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 and I am encountering an issue beyond the slide duration issue covered here. I initially created a project to have an MP4 video 28:17 (file size: 327MB) running time and distribute across 15 slides, based on the topic breaks. Upon importing the video, it was only distributing three seconds of running time across each slide. I published an EXE file and it was 4.8GB. (Through additional trials, when I tried to publish the project and Zip Files was checked in the Publish dialogue box, Captivate presented me with an unusable 172-byte file.)

Why did I get such a large file, you ask? Well, 327MB x 15 slides = 4905MB, or 4.8GB. 

Upon arriving at the conclusion that success might depend upon changing the slide durations ahead of time, (this was before I sought help via the forum!) I found that the output EXE file was still the same size!
I can't get the EXE any smaller unless I simply place the entire video on a single slide, keeping the project from having chapter breaks. 

So I am going to assume that I have to chop up the original video into chapter-length chunks and import each separate file to its own slide, in order to have a result with a reasonable file size.

I am interested in finding a compatible solution.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old thread.

EXE is based on SWF, are you still using that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I avoid that from now on? --

*Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not add personal credentails to a public forum. I took them out.

The Flash player is end of life in 2020.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made the mistake of replying to the email. Then, after I sent it, I read about replies from email are posted yada yada yada ooops! Could you remove my name, and this reply as well? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources