• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarking in Captivate

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Captivate project that is video based. There is a 2-3 minute video on every slide. Ideally  I would like the viewer to have the flexibility to resume from the exact point in the video where they stopped. Or atleast at the beginning of the slide where they stopped. However, even with the "Never Send Resume Data" option unchecked, the viewer is taken right back to the very beginning of the entire project. Is there any way to resolve this issue? I work with Adobe Captivate 2019 release. Thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Something is not making sense here. Resume Data is only for situations where you are using a Learning Management System. If you have Resume Data enabled as you say, then your LMS should at least return your user to the page they were on when they abandoned the last session.

I would suggest you upload the same content to SCORM Cloud and check whether you see that same issue.  My guess is that you won't and that would mean that the issue is with your LMS, not with your content.

One other thing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is not making sense here. Resume Data is only for situations where you are using a Learning Management System. If you have Resume Data enabled as you say, then your LMS should at least return your user to the page they were on when they abandoned the last session.

I would suggest you upload the same content to SCORM Cloud and check whether you see that same issue.  My guess is that you won't and that would mean that the issue is with your LMS, not with your content.

One other thing you need to remember is that even when Resume Data is working as designed, it will only take you back to the BEGINNING of the same slide the person was on when they abandoned the session.  It will not be capable of taking them back to the exact point in the timeline of that slide.  So if they were halfway through watching one of your videos, they would be returned to the start of that video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources