Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Build Assessment in Captivate or in the LMS

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have built a fully interactive captivate course on our System and I am wondering if I should build the assessment in Captivate and track pass/failed in the LMS or if I should build the assessment in the LMS? I use Litmos LMS and unfortunately its SCORM tracking on the course is only not completed/completed so I need to build an assessment to certify the user on their knowledge.

I would like to direct the user to our live system to carry out some tasks and come back to answer in the assessment.

I would appreciate hearing the experts advice.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past I have used the LMS questions for assessments - we used Blackboard in university college. That was before I discovered Captivate as assessment tool. All depends on:

• which type of questions do you want to use
  • what is your expertise in Captivate.

I find the possibilities in Captivate higher than ever was the case with the LMS questions. Not the default type of questions, but I missed for sure the Drag&Drop functionality and using advanced/shared action (eventually with some JS) which allow to create more engaging custom questions. So my opinion is based both on my experience as professor and as Captivate user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources