• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button "Jump to Slide" doesn't seem to work..

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a button in my project that doesn't execute the "jump to slide" command.  It will play audio, for example, if someone clicks on it, but it won't execute the "jump to slide" command.  Any ideas?

Ryan

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

What is the version of Adobe Captivate that you are using? Also the Operating System as well?

Are you facing this issue on a particular slide or with multiple slides of a specific project?

Also, if you are facing this issue on a single button, try to create a new button and then observe you are facing the same issue or not.

Hope it helps

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VJ,

I have actually tested several buttons all over my project and have the same issue. I have tested “go to previous slide” and that command doesn’t work either. So “play audio” works, and “jump to slide” and “go to previous slide” don’t. I use Windows 7 and Captivate 6.

I read in another forum, it could take a while to allow your project to “fast forward” or “rewind” to the particular slide you want it to, but I have waited 30 seconds with no result.

Thanks!

Re: Button "Jump to Slide" doesn't seem to work..

created by vishu#13<http://forums.adobe.com/people/vishu%2313> in Adobe Captivate - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4770027#4770027

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I have deleted all other objects from the slide so that only the button and the slide remain in the timeline, and the button still doesn't do what I want it to do - jump to a slide.  It seems to perform all other actions that don't include navigating through the project -- open a URL , play audio, etc.  It just won't, like I said, jump to a slide, go to the previous slide, etc..

Any help would be great!

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan,

Can you create a new project of 2-3 slides and test the same scenario? If that did not work, then recreate the Captivate 6 preference file.

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VJ,

It doesn’t work in the 3-slide project either. How do I recreate the Captivate 6 preference file?

Ryan

created by vishu#13<http://forums.adobe.com/people/vishu%2313> in Adobe Captivate - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4770168#4770168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan,

Close Captivate 6 and then go to the location mentioned below

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Captivate6.0

Rename this Captivcate6.0 as Captivate 6.0old

NOTE : The App Data folder is a hidden folder in Windows 7. So once you are in your username folder, click on Organize (at the extreme top left corner of this window), Folder and Search Options, Click on View tab and then select Show Hidden Files and Folders.

Then launch Captivate 6. Create a test project and observe the same scenario. If it works, then open your existing project and delete any one button and create a new button with the same properties (like action, button type) as of the button you deleted and then observe the issue.

Hope it helps

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. I was testing with “play the next five slides”. I think you have to test by playing the whole project.

Thanks for the help!

created by vishu#13<http://forums.adobe.com/people/vishu%2313> in Adobe Captivate - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4770168#4770168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great Ryan!!! You are Captivate Champion now

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered a similar problem today, where the 'jump to slide' button didn't seem to work.

I've figured it out after a while. My problem had to do with the integration of the quiz: when you select 'submit all' in the quiz preferences menu, the user has to press this button (on the results screen of the quiz) and submit his answers. It is impossible to advance to a screen further on in the project without having posted your quiz results first. Since my presentation was non-linear, I had buttons on my first slide (which I made my 'main menu'-slide) that made it able for the user to skip the quiz and advance to another portion of the presentation. These buttons were not functioning when 'submit all' was activated.

My solution? Move the quiz to the end of your Captivate project. (or you could just deactivate the 'submit all' function, but that wasn't a desirable solution for my project)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for replying with this cause and solution. This is what was happening in one of my projects after I needed to retroactively apply quiz reporting when our LRS wouldn't accept custom reporting.

I could NOT figure out why a simple button that had always worked suddenly stopped. After reading your reply here, I saw that I had a text entry box with quiz reporting on a slide before the target slide for the button. I moved it to the end and everything is working. Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem in Captivate 5.5. I have a menu set up on a slide that has advanced actions. After everything has been clicked, the next button appears and I added a click box to jump the slide to a survey, but it will not jump to it. I have tried adding a text slide before the survey slide but it still won't advance. Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Instead of selecting Jump to slide on click box, could you try applying a standard action on the click box or button and add the action to Jump to slide in the standard action, check if that works for you?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found the answer. I've been trying for hours to find out why my jump to buttons didn't work. Both buttons jumped to a glossary and a navigation screen at the end of the a 74 screen course. I then realised that if you move the screens further up the sequence - the buttons worked perfectly, so there seems to be some cut off point beyond which jump to buttons won't work. Try it - I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know i'm late to the party, but hopefully this helps any future visitors.

I had the same problem, large project, quiz at the end.

I wanted to Jump to slide to test the quiz, however was not allowing me to jump to the slide.

I had a couple of random interactions (Text Entry Box) sprinkled through the project, which had "Include in quiz" selected, with 1 point assigned.

2 x fixes;

1. There is a setting under Quiz properties, > Settings > Required : users must answer every question. Take this off
  2. If you need to force this, then the random interactions included in quiz need to be disabled.
    Use the Project > Advanced Interaction Window to quickly see and navigate to the culprit slides and interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  Just spent two hours wondering why something that WAS working stopped working.  I must have accidentally switched the 'Required" field you mentioned John-player-one while going too fast!    Thanks for taking the time to post your solution....you saved me three years later!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have found the same answer in many threads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources