Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button with AA to toggle visibility of two groups

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This one may be super easy but I may be missing the clue here...

I have two groups of objects (1. English_convo / 2. Japanese_convo).
I want to use a button to hide one while showing the other and vice versa.

Upon entry to the slide I set variable ConvoJpVis to 0 (meaning "Japanese_convo" is invisible) using an AA.

Then I create another AA for the toggle button.
(Einblenden = Show / Ausblenden = hide / Zuweisen = set)

nikolausm82011740_1-1633551026986.png

I can switch the groups once (Group 1 is hidden and group 2 appears) but then I am stuck...I am pretty sure I messing up with changing the variable so the AA can be used indefinitely.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

You need two actions on two events:

• On Enter for the slide:
         Hide Gr_1
        Assign var
  • For the Toggle button, Success event, a single decision conditional action like this one:
    SwitchLanguage.PNG

Einblenden = Show,   Ausblenden = Hide

Do NOT use the Continue (Weiter) command, it would release the playhead from the pausing point of the toggle button.

I don't know why you wanted to use ELSE?  You need to change the variable value in the THEN part. You could have two decisions, but without the ELSE part.

Maybe on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need two actions on two events:

• On Enter for the slide:
         Hide Gr_1
        Assign var
  • For the Toggle button, Success event, a single decision conditional action like this one:
    SwitchLanguage.PNG

Einblenden = Show,   Ausblenden = Hide

Do NOT use the Continue (Weiter) command, it would release the playhead from the pausing point of the toggle button.

I don't know why you wanted to use ELSE?  You need to change the variable value in the THEN part. You could have two decisions, but without the ELSE part.

Maybe one of my recent blogs is worth reading:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tip-4-decisions-advanced-slash-shared-actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot 

Let me try that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the blog. Really makes it clear.

Could I use the toggle button AA you mentioned for these 2 GROUPS as well? Seems to be the easiest but probably won't work... 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which AA you are talking about, because I have published a lot of toggle button actions. I use a shared action in many cases.

Can you explain exactly which AA you are talking about? In a Shared action any object can be replaced by a group. However I often use multistate objects instead of Show/Hide workflow. Only for Show/Hide the replacement of a single object by a group is possible in a shared action.

Here is another link:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tip-3-show-slash-hide-or-multistate-object-advanced-slash-shared-actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant this one. Just adding a HIDE/SHOW for the second group. (States are not possible for what I want to do).

nikolausm82011740_0-1633594029598.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, because you want to replace something by another one (groups in your case). The action I showed here was only hiding/showing one object, not replacing. What I offered you before is taking care of that, but it is pretty similar, only one conditional decision, with an added Hide command to both THEN and ELSE parts.

I presented a workshop at the Adobe World eLearning conference of September. The recordings are still available.

Custom Interactions Workshop - Learn All About Shared and Advanced Actions by Lieve Weymeis - eLearn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. Thanks!!

I will try the first solution you showed me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! You are the best!

One last stupid question, "Toggle" simply switches a variable between 1 and 0?

Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggling is used for Boolean variables.  Those variables have only two possible values, and for Captivate those two values can be 0-1, False-True, No-Yes. Since the exact value doesn't matter, I always use 0 and 1. Lot of the system variables in the Control Movie category are Booleans. See: cpCmndMute, cpCmndTOCVisible.... I have treated this in workshop mentioned above and in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/discover-slash-use-captivates-system-variables-part-1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Now it is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources