Exit

buttons for moving and staying on a slide for as long as users decide

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If anyone can help me, please!

In one training, I created buttons to move back and forth. I would like the users move with these buttons from slide to slide and stay on a specific slide until he finds it good. How do I remove the slide time? How to make the users independent of slide's time?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New to Captivate? Each interactive object, including buttons has a pausing point by default.  That is the core to give the learner control. As long as the slide is paused, learner can view everything on the slide. Please, take at least the time to read one article:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

I have written a lot, and presented several times about the Timeline. Understanding it should be the first priority for any Captivate developer.

Being able to pause the timeline is what makes Captivate different from a normal video application or even PPT.  No need to change duration of a slide. Except when you have slide narration, many slides can be kept to 3 seconds of duration (which is the default duration), and the pausing point for interactive objects is by default set to 1.5 seconds, same as for the pausing points on quiz slides, score slide and Drag&Drop slides. 

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactivity-in-captivate-back-to-basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources