• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a button jump ahead to a specific point on the timeline? (without going to another slide)

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a one slide project, with a one-minute multi-slide synchronized video. I have two buttons that appear after 10-seconds, and pause the slide/video. If the user clicks button A, the action is set to 'continue' and the slide/video begins to play from where it left off. HOWEVER, if the user clicks button B, I want the action to jump the user ahead on the timeline to the 45-second mark. Is there a way to accomplish this using advanced actions?

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 3.39.46 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Yes, with micro-navigation, which means you use the cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume system variable and you'll have to calculate the frame number, which can be done with the same advanced action. Frame numbers start with 0. More info about Micro-navigation:

Micro-Navigation in Adobe Captivate - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with micro-navigation, which means you use the cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume system variable and you'll have to calculate the frame number, which can be done with the same advanced action. Frame numbers start with 0. More info about Micro-navigation:

Micro-Navigation in Adobe Captivate - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

My project is working perfectly (across multiple browsers) using the micro-navigation technique you suggested but ONLY when I publish to Flash. I recently published the project to HTML5 and tested in EI, Safari and Chrome; none work as expected. Do browsers not fully support the "cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume" action when publishing to HTML5? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site is hidden now? I would love to see it, I have this same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for several reasons the site is now password protected. You can ask for a password by  contacting me on:

info@lilybiri.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any file on the blog, on this subject. i dont quite understand without a captivate file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I do not offer files for free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources