• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I still activate Adobe Captivate 8 for Mac?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of Captivate 8 for Mac purchased and registered to my Adobe account. I can download the software and install the software on a High Sierra Mac computer no problem, but both at the end of the installatioon process, or on first launch after installation, it prompts me to sign in with my adobe ID, which seems to be accepted, but afterward prompts me to activate the product with my serial number, but that screen behaves as if it's not connected to the internet and tells me it can't connect with a retry prompt that never works.

I have read some help articles that mention offline activation for some CS5/5.5/6 apps, and Captivate 8 was certainly made in this era and does install some things like CS6 media encoder, is this possible somehow? The link for 'unable to activate online' on the unable to connect error message sends me to an adobe page that does not exist anymore and gives a 404 error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only the two most recent versions of Captivate are still supported by Adobe. Maybe you could try to contact Adobe directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources