• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can icons be added to a Captivate generated TOC?

Participant ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Random question - but one I received from a client. Can icons be added alongside topics/page names in a Captivate generated TOC? They had sworn they could see it, but I've researched and cannot see a way this could happen.

I don't mean expand/collapse icons - but for exampole chapter icons for each chapter or certain pages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with the default TOC, sorry.

You could try to create a custom TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I thought, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I'm not a fan of the built-in table of contents I built this for one of my clients. It would be easy to add some cool icons to make this look even better than it does. Perhaps this can get you started. https://youtu.be/pm3qOekdsZ4

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Paul - I love your videos!

I thought this could only be achieved with a custom TOC - however the client said they had seen it with the inbuilt one. They want the funcitonality of the inbuilt - that is the TOC populating automatically - but with icons. I;ve advised this isnt possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources