• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find Fade In and Fade out options

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 2017 release of Captivate. I have added audio background to a video project. In the options panel, I don't have the fade in / fade out option. Could someone helps ?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

In a cptx-project there are several ways to have audio and overlapping audio: background audio, slide audio, object audio, command 'Play audio' triggered by an event. That is not the case for cpvc-projecten which are meant to create a video demo: you only have the narration audio which is integrated in the video and eventually system audio. No background audio in the normal sense of the word. For narration Fade in and Fade out have not much sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 'video' project? What do you mean exactly: is this a cptx (not video but meant to be interactive) or a cpvc-project (which is pure video)?

For a cptx project this should be the Audio dialog box:

BackgroundAudio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering

Now I understand why I haven't got fading options, it is .cpvc project.

Is there any way to do the same for this kind of project ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a cptx-project there are several ways to have audio and overlapping audio: background audio, slide audio, object audio, command 'Play audio' triggered by an event. That is not the case for cpvc-projecten which are meant to create a video demo: you only have the narration audio which is integrated in the video and eventually system audio. No background audio in the normal sense of the word. For narration Fade in and Fade out have not much sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not publish the CPVC to MP4 and then bring that into Captivate as a multi-slide synchronized video, then you should have the option of using background audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I used movie maker this time.  Next time I'll choose cptx project instead of video demonstration.  Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

So if I am publishing as a video and have background music can I add fades at the beginning or end of the project or are we saying when publishing as a Video you cannot add fades to the background audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible, you'll need to edit the background file, but if it is looping that will cause problems as well.

One tip: do NOT use background music. In most cases it is not even improving learning and that is the ultimate goal of any eLearning cause. Use individual audio clips added as slide audio or eventually as other type of audio. And please at least offer the learner the possibility to turn off background audio which is not contributing to learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response. Its a small demonstation of a feature on a website but appreciate your views. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can distribute audio over multiple slides, in case you missed that? Alternative for background which is too limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources