• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Captivate 2019 for Windows via Parallels. ???

Participant ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Captivate 2019 for Windows in a virtual machine on my Mac since the native Mac version of Captivate has such abysmal performance (seriously Captivate devs, can't you do something about this already?). I've downloaded the installer in Windows 10, but when I try to run it, I get the message:

Insufficient disk space. Please check minimum requirements and free up disk space to try again.

But my virtual machine shows 219 GB of available disk space (and only 36.7 GB used). Surely that's not "insufficient disk space." I've deleted and re-downloaded the installer from the Adobe website with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, NewMavens,

I just ran into this same issue and figured out the cause and solution after some head-scratching.

You'll see this error in your VM even when you have sufficient disk space if your Parallels settings share hard drive assets between the Mac OS and Windows VM AND the Captivate installer file resides in Mac OS disk space. In my case, the installer file was in the Mac Downloads folder, which is shared between the Mac and VM.

The solution was to create a C:/Captivate Installer folder within the VM, copy the Captivate installer file to that folder, double-click on it to start the installation, and specify that same folder for the file extraction process. Long way of saying that everything happening with the install has to be within the VM disk space, not within disk space that's shared from the Mac OS.

Fingers crossed that the same solution works for you. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this possible solution. Mac-users helping other Mac-users doesn't happen so often in this portal.  I am a Windows only uiser, but have used VM a lot (for beta testing). I think you suggestion is very logical, I followed the same workflow to avoid contamination with files on the main part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure, Lilybiri!

I'm not a very active poster on these forums, but I'm constantly referring to them and greatly appreciate everyone's expertise and helpfulness. It's nice to be able to chip in for once!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for posting your brilliant solution -- I thought I was going mad trying to figure this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for saving me a ton of headache. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources