I'm having a terrible time using adobe activated fonts in my responsive Captivate project. I have the fonts activated and one of the fonts shows as an adobe font in my Captivate project, but the other two do not. The other two are installed on my computer; however, when I uninstall them they still do not show as options for Adobe fonts in Captivate. I need the fonts for other projects as they are company fonts, so have to have them installed.
I've tried going through Adobe's customer service assistance, and they were unable to get them to appear as Adobe fonts in Captivate as well.
Ultimately, I need them to publish with my Captivate project on our LMS, as they look very different than the websafe fonts that replace them. Has anyone had this issue? How were you able to solve it?
I have Adobe Captivate 2019 22.214.171.1246
Are you talking about responsive or non-responsive projects? That difference is important, I explained the reason in this blog post:
You are using the most recent version of Captivate, which has several bugs as I learned in this forum. Sorry but I kept to version 11.5.5 at this moment which is more stable.
Are all text fields looking different? You talked first of using both system and Adobe fonts in the beginning.
I suppose you did test after publishing and uploading to the LMS? Did you also try to check out on SCORM Cloud?
Did you add the domain 'localhost' in the publishing dialog box, as well as the LMS domain?
Thank you so much for responding and for your troubleshooting ideas. It is a responsive project which the issue. My non-responsive projects have all turned out fine.
I have added my LMS domain name; although, I fear that it may be wrong. I'm checking with my LMS host to verify.
The trouble seems to be that I cannot find 2 out of 3 my Adobe Active Fonts in my list of fonts. I've tried activating them and decativating them, restarting the computer, and reinstalling Captivate and nothing seems to make them appear.
I suspected it to be responsive because for that type of projects all text fields are rendered on runtime, which is not the case for non-responsive projects.
Synchronisation of activated fonts between Captivate and Adobe fonts sometimes is tricky. It could help to close both Captivate and sign out of the Creative Cloud application. Then sign back in to the CC app, and restart Captivate. Normally that will restore the links between the activated fonts and those appearing in the font list in Captivate.