• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add/insert new slides from "Assets" into project.

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I used one of the pre-configured projects (Aspire Branching) to just become familiar with Captivate.  However, when I go to add a la carte slides (like an interactive timeline or something), it lets my click on the slide I want and at the bottom, the button says "Insert (1) slide" but then when I click the button, my computer makes that weird sound when it bounces you off because it wouldn't allow the action.  Captivate DOES allow me to insert blank slides from the "Insert" tab at the top, but it won't let me add in the pre-formatted ones from Assets.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version are you using? Most recent is 11.5.1.299. You can find the version number under Help, Aout Captivate.

Are you in a company behind a firewall? You need access to the internet to be able to download a slidE/

Are you on Windows? If yes, do you run Captivate with 'Run as Admininstrator' setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you. 

It's 11.5.1.499 (I only have a trial right now - 23 days left on it).  I'm on a Mac.  I'm pretty sure that the internet is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Windows user, difficult to help a Mac user. Can you try to close Captivate and to delete the Content folder under the eLearning Assets. On Windows that folder is in Public documents, have no idea where it is on Mac. There are almost no helpful Mac users around on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same issue. I've been working on a Mac on trial version to make sure it does what I need. All going great then for some reason you say insert assest (slide or project) and it beeps but no slides are added in the formatted asset style. Can anyone help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources