• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create a ppt or responsive project

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot create a ppt or responsive project , i get the following error when selecting start a new responsive project. and If i select PPT , it lets me upload and then the pop up screen goes blank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of your Captivate installation?  Look under Help > About Adobe Captivate and show that screenshot where it shows the major and minor version numbers.

You might also want to try resetting your Preferences by executing the CleanPreferencesMac file in the utils folder of the Captivate install directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , its 11.8.0.710.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it , still no luck. Here is where the screen freezes . when i try and start a power point project 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I am on a Windows box, not a Mac.  But I think I have heard other Mac users on this forum also complaining about Captivate on a Mac no longer accepting PPT presentations.  In previous versions where PPT import was not working the usual suggestion is to make sure the file you are importing is PPT and not PPTX.  But even that might not resolve your issue.

Hopefully one of the other Mac users here will chime in to give better information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you , I hope there is a resolution as i am not able to work on Captivate at all . I tried the PPT importing , still the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot get the PPT import to work, perhaps you could consider building your e-learning course without PPT.  After all, using PPT as a starting point for an e-learning module severely limits what you can accomplish in terms of Captivate functionality.  Building it from scratch using normal Captivate slides and objects gives you far greater creative freedom.  Is that not something you could consider?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rod , creating e-leanring from ppt is just one part of the issue. I am also not able to start a blank or responsive project as well 😞 . So except for Software simulation and video demo , nothing seems to be working on my Captivate 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Captivate 11.8 installed but you cannot even create a new blank project of any kind, that would tend to indicate you have a deeper problem with your Captivate installation.  I would suggest you get in touch with Adobe Support and try to set up a shared session where the Adobe technicians can investigate why this is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you , let me try and get in touch with them 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you did read about the issues in this document:

Adobe Captivate 11.8 release notes

But from the complaints by Mac users there may be more problems than those mentioned. Personally I am also on Windows like Rod, but I decided not to upgrade to Win11 because of those issues with 11.8.

Try to contact Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources