• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open any CPTX files. Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon trying to open any CPTX file I was able to open with no issues, I can no longer open any files. Prior to uninstalling and reinstalling the Captivate, I was not able to open a blank project - I can now open a blank project. 

Please see error below that I have already seen as I know it is not helpful given this has been brought up in prior posts and is displayed for many different issues. I have plenty of space on my computer, I save files to my computer that are also loaded and pulled down from a server. I also save files to and from SharePoint. All of what I do has never been an issue prior to today. 

I have cleared my cache folder/files, I was on version 11.5.5 and ran the update. Since this update, I am still having the same issues and unable to open or work with any CPTX files. 

Any help would be appreciated. I have been on hold for an hour on the corporate support line. I will say, I have typically gotten through relatively quickly in the past and the assistance was always successful.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021
I FINALLY got through to Adobe. The product team is actively working on this as this is an entire system wide issue. Adobe plans to have this issue resolved within 24hours. I asked for some sort of notification, alert or message and that is not something they do.

I would highly suggest if Captivate is currently working for you to not close it and save your work right now and often!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Sorry, my apologies. I had seen 2011, my eyes are tired.

You are using a rather old, unpatched version of CP2019. The most recent, supported version (yours is not supported anymore) is 11.5.5.553 for Windows. Is it possible to update? Maybe the project you want to open was created with one of the releases under 11.5. It is not possible to open such a project with a lower version (11.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Check for updates and ensure you are signed into your adobe account to receive updates from Adobe from when this issue originally ocurred. Also, ensure you have closed everything and restarted your computer. 

As a last resort, call Adobe support to ensure there may not be another larger system error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exactly same issue, did the same steps, unable to open any project except for a new one. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FINALLY got through to Adobe. The product team is actively working on this as this is an entire system wide issue. Adobe plans to have this issue resolved within 24hours. I asked for some sort of notification, alert or message and that is not something they do.

I would highly suggest if Captivate is currently working for you to not close it and save your work right now and often!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I raised a ticket with Customer support and they told me the same, thank you for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and currently on Customer Support chat, but not having success. Has there been an update? You mentioned this is a system-wide issue. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the response that I get this morning from Adobe. Also, captivate is working for me today. Crazy!!

"I checked this further and apparently, this issue was caused due to a Windows update. For now, you may open Captivate as admin or open after disconnecting Internet on your device to check whether it fixes the issue for you or not. Additionally, this issue has been forwarded to engineering team as well and I'll keep you posted on further developments."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that worked for me was to login through my AdobeID. This allows Adobe to push updates out for thier fixes. Also, once you are logged in I would also run an update. 

Should you have issues with the update or get an error stating something about you not being an admistrator, you can search for and remove the AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file. Log out of your AdobeID, close Captivate and reopen Captivate and log back into your AdobeID account. 

The AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file can be found here:
C:\Program files(x86)\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

*Image of error attached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue this morning, please keep this thread updated for fix release, can't get a hold of anyone just yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my peers are also still enountering issues with Captivate as of this past weekend. Something they have done with sucecss is to restart your computer and disconnect from Wifi to then save the file. This seems to be a workaround while allowing to still be able to save files being worked on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope the file open and save issues you were facing are fixed now. If not, please let us know. https://elearning.adobe.com/2021/03/attention-adobe-captivate-customers-who-experienced-problems-wit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue happened again this morning, for several people on my team. Fatal Exception error when saving while connected to WiFi. No issues while saving off of WiFi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this morning was also working correctly again, but the issue came back by this noon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

It has come to our notice that some of the users are seeing the issue appearing again. The team is investigating this on top priority. Meanwhile, please try using Captivate in an offline mode.

Please watch this space for more updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this with some of my peers as early as this past weekend. Still actively having issues yet it is still intermittent and is not affecting all users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please follow this post for updates on file operation disruptions experienced on 12th March: https://elearning.adobe.com/2021/03/having-trouble-saving-adobe-captivate-files-on-microsoft-windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still experiencing this issue. I've been trying to load a cptx file since Friday, the 16th and I get the same error code. I know I also have plenty of space on my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong information given by me, my apologies. 

Are you on Windows? The error you get appears for many different kind of issues.  It looks like this file is an edited Aspire Quick Start Project. Can you open the original QSP? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This conversation is just over one month old, not 10 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a cptx file with Captivate. I get the same error code as the original poster. I am using version 11.0.1.266.

defaultyldl9a36lfc0_0-1618932608316.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for updates and ensure you are signed into your adobe account to receive updates from Adobe from when this issue originally ocurred. Also, ensure you have closed everything and restarted your computer. 

As a last resort, call Adobe support to ensure there may not be another larger system error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I am downloading an update now. Hopefully this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just needed an update, everything is working now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my apologies. I had seen 2011, my eyes are tired.

You are using a rather old, unpatched version of CP2019. The most recent, supported version (yours is not supported anymore) is 11.5.5.553 for Windows. Is it possible to update? Maybe the project you want to open was created with one of the releases under 11.5. It is not possible to open such a project with a lower version (11.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating the program fixed my problems. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this, but since I had just been granted access I assumed I was getting the most current version. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a relief! I felt bad after posting the wrong information about the date of this conversation.

A lot of features have been added in the 11.5 release compared with the previous 11.0. The name of the project contained Aspire. It is one of the first Quick Start Projects which only were releases with version 11.5 which has the Assets panel. Hence my suspicion that you tried to open a project created in a more recent version. Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources