Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 11.5.0.476 replaces missing fonts (which are not missing) with Tahoma

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Since the latest update, Captivate is akting me to replace "missing fonts" after opening a project.

The fonts aren't missing, I can see them working fine on the first slide.

It always misses Lucida Sans, which I don't use in my projects.

No matter which font I choose of even if I cancel, every font in my projects will be replaced by Tahoma.

I've tried opening projects with customers corporate fonts and projects which only use Arial, all of them get this message. Unit Pro for example.

The only option I have right now, is to let Captivate replace all of my fonts and put them back to what I used before manually.

After that it won't ask me to replace, but that can't be the way to go? This takes forever

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.4.

update_missing_fonts.png

TOPICS
Editing , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 111 Replies 111
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems I can't question any thing or report anything? I'm stating what we are doing. We are using an open type font. We are not creating dynamic text nor responsive projects. We can't figure out what the issue is. As an ACP and seem to have some of status around here, then maybe a step by step approach to help us out would be good? Seeing as Adobe is unresponsive.

Who said anything about not being appreciated? This is a community of users trying to figure out a problem together. If you don't want me here to to report, I will have to figure this out on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. After a mild heart attack this morning, this solution worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing something similar to you and thought I was all good. However, for the last month, the dialog returns when opening projects after restarting my computer. I tried avoiding restarting the computer, but could only keep that up for so long. I have since discovered a quicker way to get around this. Close the project without saving, open a new blank project, create text objects, apply each of the fonts that were reported missing (they are in my font menu), and then close and save the new project. Afterward, the original project opens up just fine for me, without the Replace Fonts dialog, at least until I restart the computer. 

It is quicker than deactivating/activating the typefaces, which I often had to do multiple times. However, it still adds close to ten minutes to the time it takes to get working in Captivate.  

Mark_W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...

Find fonts says I'm not logged in to Creative cloud. LOCKED

I think there is a connection to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution.

I licensed Brown Pro Regular for two weeks for a test and installed it.

Captivate Font Replacement says "Myriad Pro is missing - replace with Tahoma?" - click Close

Font replacement in progress.

Brown Pro left alone - all versions and uses intact - bold, light etc.

So for bespoke fonts - our solution is install the regular font. Now to buy the Enterprise Level license agreement for that font face... ££££$$$$

This brings two things to light –

1. Adobe has released a patch that although adds new functionality for checking if a font is available, the Regular Font Face as a minimum must be installed for a font to be recognized. Some individuals/companies may NOT have that font available and will have to purchase a license for it which could amount to a lot of money
  2. Details of A was not made apparent during the release train of Version 2 or 3. <-- anything that requires additional 3rd party purchases shouldn't be hidden in release notes.

This means Adobe failed to keep customers aware of changes to the software that would affect their projects and license for fonts. There should not be a necessity to have all of the face or Regular installed if a user is using a subset of that Font and that subset IS available on the computer.

I believe that Adobe should make customers aware that Version 2 and above has this requirement for a custom font to work. We blindly installed the update then had a whole world of problems. But I don’t believe Adobe will do this.

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - this has now been recognised as an official Bug. After many months of communication with Adobe, testing, video screen capture and tests with fonts, it has been found you need to have the Regular font face of your Font Family installed to prevent the font missing alert to occur. Without the Regular font face, your fonts will be replaced. 

Occurs in Captivate 2019 Version 2+. Not in Version 1. 

Adobe have stated this is now a Bug to repair in a future release. This has also been confirmed by Pooja Jaisingh too after talking to her face to face about the issue and her own investigation. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad Adobe has finally recognized it is a flaw in the program. Still, though I'm not positive about simply needing the regular font face. I pretty much work only with regular font faces but have seen this problem too many times to count. Plus I turn the whole font family off/on when I struggle with this, but do not get instant relief.

I have found that sometimes the Adobe CC application has quit or didn't launch before I started Captivate. I believe this causes the replace font problem every time. Quitting captivate and making sure Adobe CC is running first, will sometimes correct the error. However, other times the Adobe CC application is running and the error remains. Usually restarting the computer, waiting for Adobe CC to launch, disabling/reenabling font face, and then reopening the Captivate project will fix things. However, I often spend 30 minutes or more fiddling just to open a project without replacing fonts. 

So far as system fonts vs. Adobe fonts... isn't the official word that you should only use Adobe fonts (web-based) for HTML5 projects? Maybe I misread, but system fonts rely on the audience computers having the fonts installed. Don't they? I understood the whole integration of Adobe Fonts (web-based) to be part of Captivate's transition to HTML5.

Oh and yes, I have seen the blog posts on using custom web fonts and then editing the published SCORM file's HTML/CSS directly, however, I am referring to working directly within Captivate. Also, while we are on the topic, why are there two buttons in that Replace Font dialog, which seem to do the same thing?

Mark -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm curious if there has been any updates to this issue? I've read through the entire thread and followed the advice given (about making sure all the fonts are installed, uninstalling them, logging out/in, etc.) and I'm still experiencing this issue. I have dozens of files to update and this is going to cause me a great deal of time and frustration. I am hoping someone has figured out a solid workaround. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and I can confirm it is happening on Mac and PC. 

Mark -

Mark_W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any updates on this??

I read through the problems here and I'm expriencing the exact same issues

- I've been working on a project with the Georgia (websafe) font.

- Opened the file this morning and it's telling me that it wants to change "Liberteen Bold" to "Tahoma Regular".(neither of which I am using)

- No matter what I do, it replaces the whole project with Tahoma Font...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I just figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please share what you did to figure it out.  Are you now no longer experiencing the font replacement issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources