• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 11.5.5 2019 PC Publish Gets Stuck at Optimizing Content

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had multiple projects in Adobe Captivate 2019 that fail to publish to my computer "all of the way," instead getting stuck at "Optimizing Content." Then, I cancel the publish and it appears all of the assets are there except for the index.html or scormindex. (I've tried to publish as both Html5 and SCORM separately).

I've removed all transitions and checked my HTML tracker. I also ran the "CleanPreferencesWin.bat" 

and tried to run the project and save as the administrator with no luck.

I then tried copying and pasting the first five slides into a new project and saving and publishing that way, no luck. Still gets stuck at Optimizing Content and the folders look like this (folder assets) below.

I'm out of ideas here. My next step would be to uninstall and reinstall I'm guessing. Any ideas why it gets stuck and why some assets are published and others are not?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

The Optimizing Content message usually appears because you have a number of slides that are set to Optimized quality.  This means that when the project is published Captivate trawls through those slides and tries to change the compression settings on graphics to make them smaller and therefore faster to load.  

The irony of this (in your case) seems to be that something in your project is tripping up the optimization process and not allowing publishing to complete.

My suggestion is that you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already tried a lot of troubleshooting workflows. I am thinking about a possible corruption of the Theme you are usubg. is this a custom theme? Is the Theme saved with the default themes or elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible. I used a pre-made template from a vendor, so there are default styles to choose from, etc. I got tired of trying, so I uninstalled and am in the process of reinstalling. It's been an hour though....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I sincerely doubt that reinstalling will sole the problem if you use the same workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any suggestions on resolving the theme then? Do I need to "Save" the theme somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to answer. Can you find the theme file? How long do you use it? was it created for this version? in 11?5 Themes have improved a lot?

https://blog.lilybiri.com/themes-are-time-savers-what-is-new-in-11-dot-5

You mention a 'template'? But that term often is used for a cptx-file, not a cptl-file. What type do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is a .cptx and it appears as if there is no theme. I have backgrounds and images that are in my library and I'm not missing anything in the file itself when it opens (it would typically tell me if something was missing like fonts, etc.).

This is version 11.5.5 on a PC and I am having the same issue with trying to publish either a SCORM or a HTML - it just gets stuck on Optimizing Content. Even now that I reinstalled it. Is there a way to escalate this issue? I can publish it only as an mp4 which is not ideal since its interactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since version 6 every project is based on a theme. They are so important, but the majority of developers ignore them. It is such a pity.

White is a default theme within CP but it may have been edited. Versio 5 allos to combie multiple themes in one project but on first sight that is not the case.. I use version 11.5.5.553 for professional jobs. Can you check the full version number under Help, abou Captivate?

You'll find the theme you are usuhbg here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Layouts\11_5\en_US\bpthemes

Check the date of the theme. Is it the same as most themes? If the date is different, it has been edited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod posted a great suggestion  My apologies for not mentioning this possibility because I never experienced it with the version you are using, whih is mt prime version since quite a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Optimizing Content message usually appears because you have a number of slides that are set to Optimized quality.  This means that when the project is published Captivate trawls through those slides and tries to change the compression settings on graphics to make them smaller and therefore faster to load.  

The irony of this (in your case) seems to be that something in your project is tripping up the optimization process and not allowing publishing to complete.

My suggestion is that you do a Save As to take a copy of your current project, then select all slides in the project and change the quality setting to High (24 bit) as shown in this screen capture.

QualitySettings.png

This should mean that no optimization takes place at publishing and you should at least get further along in the publishing process, hopefully all the way to completion.

In my experience, the only times that the Optimized or JPEG settings are worth using is when you have a lot of images in your project that have gentle gradients or photos of people and nature etc.  If your project contains mostly flat graphics, then the 24 bit quality setting often results in a lower file size for the final published output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RodWard This was it! It published with no issues. Thank you so much for sharing and advising. 👏

@Lilybiri  Thank you for trying to help. I learned more about themes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources