• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017: Preview not loading

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working through a Lynda course on Captivate when asked to Preview "from this slide." When I do, I get a blank, black screen with a spinning wheel (see screenshot). I've tried this both on Chrome and Safari. I've uploaded a screencast too if it helps. The weird thing is that it previews for some files but not others. I'm using the files provided by the course so it should work. Any suggestions?

[embed]https://youtu.be/EX0lKWaOMdU[/embed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a responsive or a non-responsive course?

If it is a non-responsive course, you have to know that ALL Preview methodis with the exception of Preview HTML in Browser (F11) are using a temporary SWF output.  Several browsers do not install the Flash Player plugin by default anymoer, you have to activate it. Sorry to be critical, because I am a frequent Lynda.com user, but the Captivate courses don't always have the same level as the majority of the courses for big Adobe apps like Photoshop. Lot of information is lacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Responsive project.

I'm using Captivate 2017 (10.0.0.192) on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Flash is enabled.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 3.13.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your OS and Captivate version too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please: the subject title starts with 'Captivate 2017'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies should have asked for complete Captivate version instead. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would have been interesting for former versions but at this moment there is no offical dot release for CP2017.

This problem is probably linked with non-activated Flash player,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding OFFICIAL. I can share at least 3 different version of Captivate 2017 dot versions that I have received from Adobe to fix minor issues. Don't see a harm asking that question. Why you feel so offended on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking for OS makes a lot of sense, really. On Windows I have installed many hotfixes as well, but my version number is still the original one. It seems to be different for Mac however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is a very old post, but I have the same problems (even the statement above where some files can be previewed, and others can't). I have been working through LinkedIn Learning "Captivate Essential Training (2017)" course and I have not been able to preview the projects. Is Captivate 2017 dead or useless now? I have been trying to find a solution to the problem, and from what I have seen, the issue is related to Flash Player no longer being supported. Is there a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources