Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 crash at startup

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I launch Captivate 2019 and get to the popup to chose the kind of project I would like to open, Captivate 2019 closes everytime

I have tried this Captivate (2019 release) crashes on launch solution and it is still crashing

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling too without success

Any other solutions?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Captivate installed on your system, not on networked drive? Are the paths in Preferences, General settings pointing to folders on your system as well. Whic OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is installed with the default folder (on the local C: drive)

OS is Windows 10 x64 build 1803

For the paths, I can't say because I am not able to launch the app without it crashing

It never worked as it crashed when I launched it the first time after the installation

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are launching Captivate when your PC is connected to a network then I suggest you disconnect from the network and try launching it again.  What Lilybiri is talking about with the 'paths' is that the Default Locations set up in Preferences must be pointing to local C drive folders.  However, some corporate systems use virtualised user profiles that can cause issues with Captivate.  Sometimes you can get it to at least open by NOT being on the network.  Then once you get the app to open you must change the default locations to be local folders. Just a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misunderstood, thought you could get to the welcome screen, but were not able to choose a type of project. Preferences are available in the welcome screen.

Do you Run Captivate as Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever solved? I have the exact same problem, and I've uninstalled Captivate, reinstalled it, cleaned preferences, deleted the SLCache folder, etc, and run the app as an adinminstrator. Nothing helps. This is really frustating for what this app alone costs monthly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everything on your system? I mean Captivate installation, paths to the folders for projects and cache? Are you behind a firewall?  Are you using a docking station? Do you have Logitech software installed for a webcam? I am asking the last two questions because some users did report conflicts with both situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I suspect it's a problem with Captivate working with something else. However, I don't have Logitech software, a docking station, firewall etc. It's all a local install. It was working fine, too, maybe 2 months ago. I even killed a handful of tasks running, slimmed down my startup, etc, to make sure it wasn't conflicting with anything. 

I have the same experience as Mich. It opens to where you choose the type of project, but you can't really choose anything because within 5 seconds, the whole application crashes. 

Does Captivate have any crash logs? If so, where would I find them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and provide the information so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,

I and a number of my work colleagues are experiencing similar problems beginning today.  My colleagues were using the software yesterday, but this morning it crashes as soon as we try to open a file.  We can open the software and get to the "Welcome Screen" but as soon as we try to open a file it all shuts down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

v/r

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something must have changed in the environment. Windows update? Driver update? Update by IT people of the network environment?

I have installed the patch released yesterday, no problems. But apparently you didn't see the announcement? Good idea to do so. as well:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/hotfix-for-vr-content-not-playing-on-devices/m-p/11193899?p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have release 11.5.1.499 installed and my colleagues are checking now.  If it was working yesterday and isn't today maybe this is at least part of it.  Thanks for the info Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my issue, it had to do with new fonts that I had installed. I had to slowly uninstall new-er fonts until it opened. Once I got rid of the problematic font, which I didn't need anyway, Captivate opened just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're they fonts you brought in from Adobe Fonts, or default fonts that come with Captivate?  Also, you wouldn't happen to know remove which font did the trick would you?  Or do you think it was a combination?

f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't remember the exact names of the fonts, and I removed like 15 of them. I knew pretty much about when the problem started, sorted my fonts by date... and then deleted the ones that were right before that. They weren't necessary fonts, but ones I had used for other projects. I can pretty much guarantee though that they were not Adobe fonts. I don't think I deleted any system fonts, either. Probably a fontsquirrel font or something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue appeared several times in the past: a corrupt font caused Captivate problems. It has been a while since I did see this however in the forums. It was a system font, correct? I don't hink an Adobe font ever caused any problems, I am using them a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources