• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Crashes When In Preferences

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 2019, whenever you go into File, Project Info, whether you change anything or not in Preferences and irregardless if you click Cancel or OK, the Captivate does not respond and hangs up.  You have to force a shut it down.  It does not matter if it is a new or existing file.  This just started happening out of the blue.   I have Captivate 2019 v.11.5.1.499 running on a Mac OS Catalina (10.15.1).  Thanks in advance for any help. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Captivate 11.5 is NOT compatible with the later released Catalina. You have to wait for a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 11.5 is NOT compatible with the later released Catalina. You have to wait for a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rarely in the Adobe Support Community, so I did miss the threads.  Thanks for the info.   I should have waited longer before upgrading to Catalina.  Guess I'll just have to wait for the patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for remaining so calm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Windows users for that matter. It seems pointless to paint an entire subset of users, based on their operating system. I use Captivate on both platforms, and often projects compile faster on my Mac than they do on Windows. You take the good, you take the bad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needed to update Captivate 2019 with a patch for the new Mac Catalina OS. The update came out in December and I've updated Captivate 2019 for the Mac and all is well now.
Sharon Miller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have a solution yet? Ive just downloaded the trial of Captivate 2019 release 11.5.4.613. I'm operating a MAC on Catalina 10.15.5 and it crashes constantly. I barely get started with anything before it hangs and crashes. It is pointless me having the trial if it's a trial to even get started. 😞

I've just made a few tentative steps and it partilarly doesn't live software demo recording. It crashed when I stopped the video. Can anyone help? or am i heading elsewhere???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope a Mac user will try to help but they are rare on this forum. There must be a conflict probably with another applicaton, since not so many Mac users report issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I have been using Captivate 2019 since August 2019 - I did have the issue with Captivate when I upgraded to Catalina in November.  That issue was fixed, but I am now having the freezing issue with the Bouncing Beach Ball of Death.  This only happens when I try to change the Preferences in Captivate.  I too am on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.5.  The computer was purchased in August so I do not think that this has to do with hardware. 

I just changed my computer settings so that the MacOS does not automatically update, as it seems that Adobe is always a step behind each new MacOS update.  

I am trying now to publish to an LMS but I can't because of the inability to close out the preferences pane without initiating the beach ball.  I have tried quitting all other applications - but maybe there is something I am not seeing.  I hope we all find answers soon.  I have restarted the computer multiple times but still have no success.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources