• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Drag and Drop forced to correct choice only

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Captivate CC. I am trying to design a drag and drop interaction with the following filters:

1. No Submit button

2. When user drops a drag item in its correct location, it locks the drop location.

3. When user drops a drag item in an incorrect location, it does not lock the drop location.

4. For the drag items dropped in incorrect locations, user should be able to redrag them until all of them are in correct locations.

5. Once all the drag items are dropped to their correct drop locations, the feedback is shown.

How can this be achieved? Anyone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

There have been 6 releases under the common name CP2019.

Since you use the Object actions to show the 'tick' for a correct drop action, why do you need to 'block' that location? If the learner sees that an action was correct, why would she/he try to replace it by a wrong drag source?  I always try to look from the viewpoint of the learner. That was also the origin of my previous remark about trial and error, all due to my decades of career as professor and trainer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide more details? There is no Captivate CC, because Captivate is not at all part of the Creative Cloud. The most recent version is 11.5. You can find the full version number under Help, About Captivate.

Drag&Drop allows Auto Submit for correct answer, that is not a problem.  However you didn't tell if this D&D interaction is meant as a Quiz slide or a Knowledge Check slide?

I don't know what you mean by 'locked location', sorry. You can allow to replace drag sources on a drop target, but there is no way to lock a drop target. You could use the Object action for a correct drag action to show that this action was correct.  Or maybe show the number of correct drag actions which are already done. Preventing the learner to replace a correct drag source by an incorrect one is not included in the default features of D&D. It also looks bit weird, because that would allow to find a correct solution just by trial and error, which is not very efficient from a pedagogical point of view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. What I wish to do is create four darg item and four drop locations.

If user drags an item to its correct location, it shows a tick/ correct sign. But importantly, the drop location is locked, which means since the user dropped the item into its correct location, the drag item cannot be moved no more from there. 

The whole idea is to force the user to retry until they perform all correct darg and drops.

I think there is no way to achieve this, but I'd appreciate your inputs please.

Regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't  answer my questions, just rephrased you first question. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this. I am using Captivate 2019, sorry for saying CC. Using the latest Captivate version. It's not a graded question, but a knowledge check activity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been 6 releases under the common name CP2019.

Since you use the Object actions to show the 'tick' for a correct drop action, why do you need to 'block' that location? If the learner sees that an action was correct, why would she/he try to replace it by a wrong drag source?  I always try to look from the viewpoint of the learner. That was also the origin of my previous remark about trial and error, all due to my decades of career as professor and trainer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am really obliged of your kind support. Like you, I have too evolved and worked with Captiavte since its infantcy. I am aware of the limitations of Captivate more than anyone but still wanted to be blessed with your validation. Thanks Much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources